ENBoost , no preset, correct toggle for UseDefferedRendering

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

ENBoost , no preset, correct toggle for UseDefferedRendering

The guides I've read, including the S.T.E.P. enblocal.ini guide, state that when using only ENBoost without a graphical effects enb preset, the settings to use (in part) in enblocal.ini are: UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true and UseDefferedRendering=false. Someone I consider to be knowledgeable is telling me that since UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true "turns off all graphics related code in ENB leaving just the memory manager code and some bug fixes active", that "Toggling deferred rendering in this case does nothing". Followed by the recommendation to never toggle UseDefferedRendering to false. I would appreciate hearing whether or not you think UseDefferedRendering should always be set to "true" and never toggled to "false". Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENBoost , no preset, correct toggle for UseDefferedRende

UseDefferedRendering is ignored if UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

Then on the K.I.S.S. principle, since UseDefferedRendering=true is recommended when running a preset and for ENBoost alone UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true ignores UseDefferedRendering, I'll be recommending a "true" value. Set it once. Forget about it. Don't touch it.

Many thanks for your reply.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, this should be the best