Constant stuttering

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Constant stuttering

I've read and disected STEP so many times and I still get major stuttering when turning the camera. I have a GTX 970 which has PLENTY of VRAM and I just don't get this. This is what my ENB Memory sections is set as

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=3596
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

I have the memory blocks log patch installed thus ENBoost can't be enabled. I don't understand what's going on here and it's so frustrating.

*master*

Re: Constant stuttering

Well, I wouldn't call a 970's VRAM "plenty" in this day and age... and I say that as a 970 owner.
There's no magical catch-all fix for constant stuttering. Do you have any garbage running in the background? What is the rest of your system like? If this patch only affects logging, why not turn it off? Is your hard drive defragmented? What kind of texture packs have you installed? Are you using any large-scale mods? Have you tried asking on the STEP forums?

roxahris wrote:Well, I wouldn't call a 970's VRAM "plenty" in this day and age... and I say that as a 970 owner.
There's no magical catch-all fix for constant stuttering. Do you have any garbage running in the background? What is the rest of your system like? If this patch only affects logging, why not turn it off? Is your hard drive defragmented? What kind of texture packs have you installed? Are you using any large-scale mods? Have you tried asking on the STEP forums?
1. No garbage in background
2. i7 4770 CPU 16GB RAM
3. Patch doesn't effect only logging. It raises the ceiling cap for memory allocation and is an alternative to ENBoost.
4. HDD defragmented as of two day sago
5. Mostly 2K textures

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Check if quality of textures set to maximum and no antiviruses running. And if stuttering occurs when rotating camera, this just means that there is no free space in video memory for textures, mod flush oldest and load newest. Or the game itself decided to unload outdated textures, so mod just deleted them too.

PS: and for god sake, write which game you are talking about.