Some technical questions regarding ENB on Skyrim

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Some technical questions regarding ENB on Skyrim

I'm just getting started messing around with the ENB series for Skyrim, and would like to get clarification from the gurus on a few things:
How does the Skyrim launcher graphics options for AA/FXAA/anisotrophic filtering interact with ENB mods? Do they still apply, or do they become irrelevant if ENB applies it's processing after the Skyrim renderer? On that same note, what is the best way to accomplish AA/FXAA/ or anisotrophic filtering in Skyrim with ENB (through Skyrim options, through ENB options, or through my nVidia control panel options)?

Just want to make sure I am getting the best out of the ENB without costing myself performance by applying options in Skyrim launcher that may not effect the ENB post-processing.

Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Some technical questions regarding ENB on Skyrim

Everything works with ENBSeries, except antialiasing for most of newest drivers if SSAO enabled in the mod (it works, but performance is about 1 fps). This bug will be fixed once by developers of video drivers, i can't do it (or use older drivers).
Everything forced in Nvidia control panel (or same for ATI) only decrease performance of SSAO and produce many artifacts. Want better anisotropic filtering than in game, enable it in enbseries.ini

the_toastman

Re: Some technical questions regarding ENB on Skyrim

Great! Thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me!