About Skyrim and Performance...

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

About Skyrim and Performance...

This might be better in offtopic, but I think perhaps Skyrim and a lot of modern games are made...unoptimized? This way they can strike deals with hardware companies and make money this way? Everyone will struggle so hard to try to get to actually play the game, and since its not problems they can solve (like the ones Boris suggested on the Bethesda forums, like changing memory allocation methods and stuff like that), people will instead buy better hardware in order to try to play the game. They'll all think "oh well I cant play it properly, I gotta buy the new 'x,y,z hardware' to play this." Which sells hardware that normally wouldn't sell if they games were optimized properly....What do you think?

Boris' solution is a pretty definite fix to all the lag, stuttering, slowdowns, and more...even when I get 30 - 60 FPS on Skyrim after 1.4.1.15 I still get heavy freezes and stuttering, whereas Boris fixes made the game free of all those issues at any FPS. So it just seems like a no brainer to me. I doubt they just "don't know how to fix it" I think its intentionally done...

But then again...looking at that 1000+ buglist...maybe not :lol: