GTA 4 ICEnhancer screen flicker and low fps

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

GTA 4 ICEnhancer screen flicker and low fps

I'm using GTA 4 version 1.0.4.0 (steam) with ICEnhancer being the only mod. I can get the game to run but it is unplayable no matter what visual settings I use through GTA/ICEnhancer. The map appears and disappears at random, as well as everything in the pause menu. Also the screen flickers constantly and I get very low FPS. I have tried multiple walkthroughs online and ended with the same senario. I have also updated drivers and .net framework ect. I just recently played through Skyrim on ultra settings with an ENB mod with no problems at all.

My PC: 3.9ghz i7 - radeon hd 6950 (2gb) - 16gb ddr

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA 4 ICEnhancer screen flicker and low fps

Guess it's again bugs in drivers or their setting forced. But try first to decrease everything in video options and check if something will change. Also turn off all effects in enbseries.ini and activate them one by one. Never heard about such problem.

sinvaruna

Alright, so I set all the settings in the ICEnhancer config file to either 'false' or '1'. The game is now playable but obviously does not look very good. No screen flickering and the map/menu are there. FPS is still a problem though, around 35 at night and it dips down below 20 during the day. I'll try and find out what setting in the config file causes the flickering, but even as it sits now with all settings lowest I find it unplayable with those FPS. Are there any other suggestions? Can I roll back my drivers somehow? You say that may be the problem?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Find in catalyst control panel presets for antialiasing and make sure it's not forced on.

sinvaruna

Messing with my antialiasing setting did the trick. Thank you so much for your help.