Kill Fog in Skyrim with ENBSERIES?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Kill Fog in Skyrim with ENBSERIES?

Hi!

I'm playing on a laptop with integrated video card (Ati Mobility 4200 HD). The fog is what kills the framerate, so I lowered the amount of fog by setting this in SkyrimPrefs.ini:

Code: Select all

[Particles]
iMaxDesired=50

But if I use ENBSERIES the fog gets back and even stronger than before.
How can I decrease the amount of fog or remove it entirely in ENBSERIES?

enb

Re: Kill Fog in Skyrim with ENBSERIES?

It's possible in current version, but very hard for anybody except me. Better get mod for that on skyrimnexus.com

@ENB There are no mods for that, only one which hides the fog by making it transparent but that doesn't make any difference in performance. Could you please make an alternate version of ENBSEIRES without fog?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, i can, but game have several types of fog and some particles and fake rays from windows will be removed also.

pinoysniper007

Hmm, yeah, great idea

@ENB Remove only volumetric fog, I'm sure that is the real performance killer. Fake fog, fake snow don't cause any trouble. I'm pretty sure fake particles are just image files with alpha transparency facing the player, so yeah, no issue there.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, they are not. Almost all particle and fogs in game are textured geometry with depth texture projected to make smooth transitions, that greatly decrease performance, because "soft particles" is slow thing. Shader itself not very big, but amount of such objects on the screen is huge by pixel count, it's known bottleneck of all hardware and scaling very slowly with tech progress. Because of wrong multithreading code of the game this problem more worse, something killing parallelization of rendering.