[GTA IV] How to disable enhancements not under [EFFECT]?

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

[GTA IV] How to disable enhancements not under [EFFECT]?

I'm trying to disable all other graphic effects other than Ambient Occlusion, and maybe Bloom and Skylighting. Those are listed under [EFFECT] so I can easily just keep their values at "true." Simple. It's the other effects I want to disable that are not controlled under [EFFECT].

For instance [BLOOD]. I want the blood to look like it does in vanilla IV.
[TREE] - I want to completely get rid of the shiny trees.
[BUILDING] - It's only setting is WindowLightIntensity, no idea what I could set that to.
[LIGHT1], [LIGHT2], [LIGHT3] etc. - I want all the lights in the game to have the same effect as they do in vanilla.
[CARHEADLIGHT], [LIGHTSPRITE], [CARWINDOWGLASS], [CHROME], [WHEELS], [REFLECTION1], [SHADOW], [ADAPTATION], [ENVIRONMENT], [SKY], [PARTICLE], [COLORCORRECTION] - all these extra enhancements that improve things that are already in the game.

My point is I want the game to look like it does by default, just with Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and Skylighting. Those are easy since they can be toggled under [EFFECT]. It's all the other settings I listed that I'm stumped on that alter native-effects.

Any idea on how to disable those ones?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [GTA IV] How to disable enhancements not under [EFFECT]?

As i remember, trees can't be turned off (blood guess too). For most other effects, values 1 or 0 disable modifications, depending from value type.

And setting them to 1 or 0 should make them look unaltered compared to the default game? Alright, I'll try that out. Thank you!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes. But better find preset which have vanilla look, i've been asked about this several times, so guess someone did it available to public on gtagarage or other places.

Alright, I'll see if I can find anything.

EDIT: Well, no such luck.

It also turns out for AO to be used, you need to use custom common/shader files along with one of the .fx files for ENB. But that drastically changes the look of the game other than allowing AO to be enabled. Is there a certain custom file in the db, dcl, or win32_30_atidx10 (shader folder my system uses) that allows AO to be used?

If I have all the ENB files installed, using default shaders keeps the vanilla look of the game along with the enhanced reflections and other effects (which I can easily modify and get rid of). But AO is not available. But if I use custom shader files that come with ENB Presets, AO will work - but a the game looks completely different due to the custom shader files.

Any idea what custom shader file controlls Ambient Occlusion? Anti-Aliasing and Ambient Occlusion are the only effects I'm interested in using in IV.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know anything, mod developed for patch 1.0.4.0 and previous, any manipulations with shaders unsupported, the same as patch 1.0.7.0

That probably explains it. I'm using an edited 0.82 Beta that supports 1.0.7.0 and EFLC.

Alright than, thanks for the help!