Low FPS on .200 and above - even with shift-F12 disabled!

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Low FPS on .200 and above - even with shift-F12 disabled!

Hello,

I'm running into some performance issues when trying to use any version of ENB above .200. I am seeing a constant drop of 20-30 FPS right from the first loading menu - the mouse cursor is very laggy. This lag did not exist in .199, which was the last version I used without issues. In-game is pretty much unplayable, and load screens are at least twice as long as they used to be.

The strange part is that the lag does not go away even if I shift-F12 to disable it in-game. I can only assume that this is related in some way to the memory management features in recent versions of ENB, but I've tried dozens of different combinations of disabling various features at this point and none seem to affect that mouse lag I get right at the first screen. The only fix is to roll back to .199.

Currently I'm running an i7 with 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 670. I don't think this is related to the hardware - Skyrim has always run great up until now.

Does anyone have an idea that I might be able to try? I'd love to start using the ENB presets that are starting to show up, but I just can't because of the performance hit.

Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Low FPS on .200 and above - even with shift-F12 disabled

First, Physics fix=false. Second, remove all crap you installed as will have other problems in future.