[S.A 0.75] Low performance with 7970

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

[S.A 0.75] Low performance with 7970

Hey !
So, i'm a really big player of sa:mp and, for a few months i installed the enbseries (samp version). But, i always played without SSAO (shift+F10) beause i were thinking that noboby could run that option, being a owner of a 7970, i were saying myself if i cant run it, who can ^^ (i changed).

So, i talked with a few friend about ENB and i discover that, they play with SSAO activated. They have NVIDIA Graphics card (660 TI/560 Ti).
They have around 50 60 fps with SSAO, and me i only have 20 fps with it.

So i'm saying myself, is the 0.75 enb not optimizated for AMD or it's just AMD's drivers that are fucked up ?

Thank you if you can explain me.
(and sorry for my really bad english but, like my name saying, i'm a french)
Full config :
i5 2500k @ 3.2 GhZ
Z77 Pro3 from Asus
8 GB of ram
Sapphire Radeon 7970 @Stock speed
Be Quiet 630W PSU.

PS : In catalyst control center i tried to put all the settings (Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering...) at low settings but didnt changed anything.
I'm with the latest AMD Drivers, forgot the name.

Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [S.A 0.75] Low performance with 7970

There is no definition "non optimized for AMD" or "optimized for NVidia", i'm developing mod for any hardware and all i hear are various complains from AMD users. Anyway, sa-mp unsupported by the mod (on the contrary actually).

Re: [S.A 0.75] Low performance with 7970

I'm not complaining about that, it's just that i need a solution if one exists to use the SSAO like my friend on Nvidia GPU. But i searched seems that Nvidia's driver are more able to "simulate" SSAO on game that doesnt have one. (like in Skyrim, and San Andreas).
So the problem comes from AMD's drivers (explain why you only have complain about amd's users) i think. Maybe one day this will be "fix".

Anyway, thank you for your reply.
I love your work ;)