performance Help. 7970

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

performance Help. 7970

Hello i have a few problems and would like some help.
i'm getting stuttering gameplay when using any enb preset or version (currently using Project MATSO with 0.168) and my fps seems to be in the 59-60s but if i enable WaitBusyRenderer and FPSLimit the stuttering gose away but my fps is drop'd to 32. i'm using the texture pack combiner along with a lot of other mods running on max settings at 1920x1080. the other thing is the SMAA injector dose not seem to work.i try'd using it and i see no diff on any of the settings. only AA through skyrim seems to take effect. so is this normal fps performance for my rig and how do i fix the SMAA so it works. thanks

my rig
i5 3570k 4.5
7970 3GB saphire vaporX
16gb corsair vengance
corsair HX1000
WDCBlack 1 T
samsung 232GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: performance Help. 7970

Don't know anything about smaa. Stuttering is problem which occur because driver make all drawing with delay (3 frames by default for nvidia) if videocard is busy. Without performance or quality loss it's not simple to fix, every videocard at every resolution and quality preset have own specific stuttering moments. Frame limiter is less radical than waitbusyrender, but not perfect. Try decrease or increase quality of effects of the mod. For my videocard this happen when enable reflection and ssao together and their quality is high.

*sensei*

Re: performance Help. 7970

To me your problem sounds more like your stuttering is caused by texture mods.
My GTX660 can't handle a lot of HD textures (like 2k trees, 2k clutter etc) so even if the FPS show 60 the game stutter from time to time.
If you are using any HD texture mods (apart from Bethesdas own texture pack) try to delete them. Also try to rename/delete your .ini file so the game can create new default settings.