Fallout New Vegas 0.118

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout New Vegas 0.118

ENBSeries wrote:Don't know, but may be something wrong with game options, f.e. hdr is not enabled?
EDIT: I am an idiot. That is all.

*sensei*

cag93 wrote:When I aim down the sights of my weapon in first-person view, I can see SSAO and DOF effects through the weapon, is that a bug from the vanilla-game or, is that due to something ENB is doing?

I don't get this bug when I am not aiming down the sights.
there is one solution. Not the best, but... http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35615 this mod. Just turn on subtle depth of field (it fits also enb dof so no problems at all)
Here is comparsion screenshots

like CoD lol)

samuelgd99

WOW

All you need now is HDR to make the game looks like Battlefield-Bad Company 2!!

Xilandro wrote:
cag93 wrote:When I aim down the sights of my weapon in first-person view, I can see SSAO and DOF effects through the weapon, is that a bug from the vanilla-game or, is that due to something ENB is doing?

I don't get this bug when I am not aiming down the sights.
there is one solution. Not the best, but... http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35615 this mod. Just turn on subtle depth of field (it fits also enb dof so no problems at all)

like CoD lol)
Thanks a lot for that info, but I already figured that out recently... although I use a different DOF mod. The result is the same, my game looks like your second screenshot where the gun isn't see-through. The problem is once I aim down the sights, the gun becomes see-through again. I will try the mod you linked to see if I get different results.

EDIT: I disabled Imaginator and tried out the pyDOF mod, but I got the same result: Proper DOF and SSAO like your second screenshot when holding a gun, but it becomes like the first screenshot when I aim-down-the-sights.

Some good came out of it though, I learned that pyDOF has a pretty well implemented "head-bob" feature :D

*sensei*

Well. There is no fix yet for aiming via ironsights =\ Experiments with DoF distance maybe can be helpful, but i', really bad in mod making so i can't do it)

Thanks for the advice Xilandro, it appears that the DoF mod you chose does in fact remove the SSAO-induced weapon transparency in first person, with the exception of when your character looks down the iron sights. A person on the nexus who was exploring this issue found out that there is a left over script in Fallout New Vegas that triggers when a person uses the iron sights. While it has no apparent effect in game, and was probably going to be used by Obsidian to create a bloom effect that triggered when a person looked down the iron sights, it none the less causes the weapon transparency when looking down the iron sights. This might be something to look into when trying to fix this bug entirely.

*sensei*

Eat Thy Figs wrote:there is a left over script in Fallout New Vegas that triggers when a person uses the iron sights. While it has no apparent effect in game, and was probably going to be used by Obsidian to create a bloom effect that triggered when a person looked down the iron sights, it none the less causes the weapon transparency when looking down the iron sights
I'll try to find this script, and get how to fix it or rewrite/remove (hope no critical_bugs_hello_again will not appear). And who's that person? Maybe he already made an attempt to fix it and know what is useless)

This guy right here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... 461-cag93/

I would be very careful when screwing around with the script of FNV. It is very... unstable at times.

Yeah... I found out that the weapon transparency issue was hardcoded, not something fixable using the GECK, there is no visible script, just some settings along the lines of "fIronsightsDOFMult" and "fIronsightsBlurMult" that kick in whenever the player aims in with a gun.
They both are set to 0, so there is no visible change in-game, but the hardcoded script activates nonetheless, which interferes with pyDOF's/Imaginator's applied DOF, which in turn makes ENB's DOF and SSAO reappear through the weapon.

You can try changing the settings yourself either via the GECK or the ingame console, both the effects look pretty crappy, so it's obvious why they didn't fully enable it in the game, but I don't get why they left the unfinished code in there. Someone should've spoken up during the games's development and said "Hey, don't leave your unfinished ironsights DOF code in the game engine, it'll interfere with a mod that interferes with another mod in the just right way that makes the game look absolutely beautiful!"

But that's the reason I posted my question about this issue here on the ENB formus, I was hoping Boris could find a way to make ENB override that particular aspect of the game engine (if that's even possible)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I told many times for many games, weapons or any other things in first person mode in almost all games not designed to work properly with depth based effects and this is hard to fix (and i don't care about this issue, how in the f* weapon or hands can be fixed if they grow from eyes???).