TES Skyrim VR 0.495

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim VR 0.495

Hi !
I'm here to let you know that I still enjoy and have a high interest in SkyrimVR ENB. This is the only reason I still play this game. The ENB features combined with some Reshade effects can do wonders. This is the way I am working on the next version of my preset. I hope to meet the interest of 4,000 who already downloaded it.... :beer:
i7 8700k @ 3.7 Ghz - DDR4 32 Go - RTX 4090 24 Gb - Win 10 64bits
Valve Index virtual reality system

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Doubt that, people focused on starfield now.

I agree with Ghanth, I'm enjoying the VR ENB a lot as well. Probably wouldn't be playing the game without it

No Starfield for me untill a VR version is available.

@ Skyrim, I don’t understand why people would be sticking to the traditional version, VR is so much more immersive. Ok, VR ENB needs capable equipment but with videocards becoming better and better (4000 series out for almost a year now), VR becomes more accessible. Personally I think its rise is inevitable, especially with Apple VR on the horizon in 2024.

VR is much better, and nothing would beat VR ENB parallax. /beg ;)

Oh yeah JOhan! I'm on the same boat: I only play games that support VR and I won't turn my feet back at flatscreen gaming and YES, parallax in VR is a real dimension changer! Can we imagine the beauty of Boris's complex parallax on Pfuscher's terrain textures in VR?
i7 8700k @ 3.7 Ghz - DDR4 32 Go - RTX 4090 24 Gb - Win 10 64bits
Valve Index virtual reality system

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I understand what you mean by vr, after that playing games on usual display is much worse for me even after just few games which i tried via VorpX. But i can't work just for few people who play it.

ENBSeries wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 12:00 I understand what you mean by vr, after that playing games on usual display is much worse for me even after just few games which i tried via VorpX. But i can't work just for few people who play it.
Hey if we fill a fund me for you, would you consider a VR ENB update? $500? $1000? I am not sure how much you are pulling in via Patreon, and what is tangible money for you. Just post a GoFundMe, you don't need to start development until we fill it.

It is clear in the SE world, you are sweeping the Community Shaders. Better graphics, effects and much better FPS despite having more effects, and this is before we even count the incredible presets from Rudy, L00, etc.

However in the VR world it is much much closer, more like a 50-50 call, because VR ENB is missing ENB light, complex parallax, and terrain parallax. Funny thing is, with all these features enabled, Community Shaders is already performing a lot worse than VR ENB. I know it is not as simple as just "turning on" these features, but one update is all it takes. We can fund update one at a time. VR players have way better PC's than SE players, and way more disposable income. So while there are less of us, each of us can pay more.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

VR version was never popular, so i didn't develop it actively after realized this. I dropped all mods which were not popular, simply cause it's not good to spend own life doing things just few people gonna use. I dont think money could help here.

Apart from time I think it’s partly a matter of initiative, the better the available content (such as mods) for a certain surface, the more users that will follow. Sometimes you might want to allow yourself to work on something that you personally support and/or something you believe in, and what better podium to truly experience your work than in VR?

Generally I’m not judging though, I have no idea how much work is involved and eventually it’s simply your decision of course.

ENBSeries wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 06:20 VR version was never popular, so i didn't develop it actively after realized this. I dropped all mods which were not popular, simply cause it's not good to spend own life doing things just few people gonna use. I dont think money could help here.
Think about it, PureDark is arguably the most successful modder on Patreon. Did he have to do a Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR upscaler? Of course not. Given the headset and high end PC requirement (I laugh at potato PC users complaining about ENB performance on a 1080p monitor), we will always be the 1%, 2% user base. However, having some involvement in the VR community adds a level of prestige and mystique to him. It added to his brand name with high end users.

And the VR community have the $$$, people bought 4090's because of you and only you. Whether you want to start a go fund me, a petition, we will do anything to support further development in VR ENB. And you do this at your own pace, any time when you feel like it. I can get the community to fund you a Quest 3 if you like, maybe it will change your mind when you see your work with visuals like these: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/83995

Watching Doodlum's crew trying to dethrone you is like watching five ninja nations taking on Uchiha Madara, or the entire gang taking on John Wick. You are only one guy, but you are Boris.