TES Skyrim VR 0.495

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim VR 0.495

Don't know what another videocard or new vr helmet can do for me. I have multiple very serious problems irl, time limited, just hope for miracle to happen. Imagine lava flows from nearest volcano and you see how it slowly comes closer to the house, you will lose almost everything. This is my life now and i don't care about many things which important in usual conditions. Normally should drop all modding, but instead i choosed to quit making unpopular versions.

Well if theres anything we can do as the VR community to help re-energize you, just let us know. Funding a new card/headset or getting a document together showing how many users love the vr enb. We're here for you!

ENBSeries wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 01:27 Don't know what another videocard or new vr helmet can do for me. I have multiple very serious problems irl, time limited, just hope for miracle to happen. Imagine lava flows from nearest volcano and you see how it slowly comes closer to the house, you will lose almost everything. This is my life now and i don't care about many things which important in usual conditions. Normally should drop all modding, but instead i choosed to quit making unpopular versions.
Anything we can do to support your IRL situation! We completely understand. If you ever need a Go Fund me, just put your link here, we will all chip in from the VR community!

I hope life gets better for you, Boris.
Know that we all value the work you've done for VR ENB, even if it never caught up with desktop ENB.
I honestly believe the demand for high quality VR games will continue to increase in the future. But if the gap in visual effects between desktop and VR games is still so lacking, games like Skyrim VR and its ENB won't hold value.
It's a chicken-or-egg situation where the technology needs to be ready to meet potential new demand.
I seriously hope you reconsider dropping development of the VR ENB, and hopefully see such new avenues to success as potential opportunities for you.
(Yes, I know Forward renderers vs. Deferred is probably a pain in the ass to make effects for, but the end result is *always* worth it :))

*master*

Hello Boris,

I hope you doing well.

A new mod activates the hidden feature of dynamic water reflections for VR which is amazing.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ods/103077

Unfortunately the reflections become black when ENB is enabled. The only workarround to bring them back is to enable "original objects processing" , which of course you shouldnt do, I know.

But maybe this informations helps you do get a tip for us, how we could get rid of this issue?

water reflection with enb=off
https://ibb.co/RHKtZHq

water rflections with enb=on
https://ibb.co/BTDPW6y

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't think can have any suggestions, such incompatibility must be tested on practice, but i never use skse and any dlls because of security reasons, so the only way left is to find tester who gonna try various builds, send me log files, very time consuming.

*master*

Thanks for reply boris.

This water reflection feature is a hidden setting by skyrim VR developer.

The DLL Mod allows you to enable following parameter:
[Water]
bReflectSky
bReflectLODLand
bReflectLODObjects
bReflectLODTrees

I think graphically speaking this reflection mod has had the most impact on SkyrimVR in a long time.So a lot of players will forego the ENB in ​​the future if it doesn't become compatible. Which would really be a shame, because the VR ENB with the right shaders and preset still looks better than, for example, the community shader.

I would really like to test builds for you!!..and I think for example hitmantb would do the same. And when making a post in skyrimVR subreddit there would be many testers with ease.

...Maybe there is a way to make the effect "original objectsprocessing" affecting only recflecion cubemaps?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Reddit? Serious? Haters there were one of main reasons i reduced modding and dont give a fuck any more about it. Anyway, use discrord for testing, i will not do on the forum any more, it's extremely time consuming.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added compatibility with water reflection mod.

Thank you very much!