TES Skyrim SE 0.491 Patreon Edition

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim SE 0.491 Patreon Edition

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim SE (SSE)

Took over three months of working on new version, decided to publish it with some effects still not optimized to see if people interested or not much. I'm very tired to do modding full time, so next optimizations will be available later.
Optimized performance and/or quality of the following effects:
Skylighting
Complex particles and fire lights
Complex parallax and complex terrain parallax
Detailed shadows
Reflection (SSR) for water
Water tesselation, displacement, caustics, parallax
Wet and rain wet surfaces
Sky
Tested myself for 1920*1080 resolution RTX3060 videocard, vanilla game with all effects enabled having around 20% performance gain compared to public version. Few testers reported much higher performance gain, in some cases over 2.5 times, but this depends from mods installed, videocard and cpu model, display resolution, which effects are active and their quality.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.491 Patreon Edition

Congratulations, great to see this release after all your work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added UseLinearMath to the [RAYS] category to make sun rays work properly with high sun intensities.

For whatever it's worth, the optimizations you've done have made a noticeable difference. Of course mileage may vary depending on a person's hardware, but 10%+ is nothing to scoff at when you are getting the same or slightly better quality of effects than before.
I would love to see you continue your optimization streak as it absolutely is paying off. Just from the effects you've done so far a person can go from somewhat stuttery/laggy gameplay to a modicum of playability and smoothness. Or screenarchers can take even higher quality of shots with no drop in FPS.

Of course there will never be a magic bullet that gives everyone 100% more FPS. What you've done so far is incredible.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Optimizations are very time consuming, so i'm just watching now and not hurry do more.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated
Increased a bit performance of ambient occlusion and indirect lighting effect. Difference is bigger at higher display resolutions, higher quality setting of effect and higher sampling range.