TES Skyrim SE 0.488

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.488

Strange, works for me and in the code also applied properly.

Hmmm, seems I might have been a bit off in my initial guess

Let me see if I can examplify it, this is taken during sundown and I partially reapply the direct color while removing ambient color.

With DirectColorFilterAmount set to 1 this is the result, the grass taking a quite consistant color to the terrain (or as close as possible with skyrim anyway)

With all of it zeroed the grass doesnt quite catch up so to say, the world gets the orange tinge while the grass remains really green

By pushing the ambient light desaturation to 1 it partially resolves the issue but not well enough to really make the effect work.

But ultimately toggling complex grass off makes the grass quickly fades into the background of the image with correct color blending.
I messed around with the settings a bit and toggling skylighting makes the grass in the shadow go dark while using complex grass but it doesnt resolve the green hue. I am not sure if this is blending issues because of how vanilla skyrim handles grass shading so absurdly poorly and ultimately it is very likely that this is just me missunderstanding how the shading works. But to me at least I would assume the ENB object shading would match the ENB grass shading.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The issue is difference between math of vanilla grass and complex one. Vanilla have invalid computation and to rely on it is wrong. Terrain and complex grass never match for casual player, because grass have planes mostly perpendicular to terrain surface, so lighting is different (unless use proper normal maps).

Alright, if I understood correctly the issue for me then is that the grass lacks the proper normal maps. I guess the ones I found arent correct and they would need to be made so that they have the same normal as the terrain itself. Thank you for your time then and sorry for bringing up a config issue.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not just normal maps, i didnt see yet any which are correct. Not that i'm carefully check such mods, but still it's difficult task so chance good exists are low, tested myself using normal map generated from 3d model made by one of discord users.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not sure when it has happened, because Iv'e not played the game for a long time, just modding, but today I noticed that adaptation does not seem to have any effect anymore. I used the adaptation in the past to counteract the weird game behavior when [GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS] causes the whole scene brightness change when stepping into the shadows. This also happens without the ENB, but ENB amplifies it.

In more detail:

When outside and stepping into the light rays (GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS), then everything, including things that are in shadows, go brightly lighted. And when stepping out of the rays, into the shadows, then evrything, including areas that were bright before, goes dark. (In real life it should be opposite)

This is actually an old problem and as I noted in the beginning - I successfully used adaptation to counteract such thing. But now - seems like adaptation settings have no effect at all.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nothing changed about it or any related code.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not even in the last two years ?

If not, can there be anything else that messes up the adaptation?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In last two years i changed a lot. But adaptation do works as it should, otherwise other players would report. You should try old versions, f.e. one report was recently in discord about issue which i know not a bug, but after trying different versions was found issue occurs simply because user had interior location which in older versions detected as exterior, so exterior parameters not working in new versions. Maybe something similar in your case and only testing old builds can help to find out.