TES Skyrim SE 0.483

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.483

ENBSeries wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 13:47 Install proper textures for terrain parallax. It's not my problem.
You were correct, the problem was I had a _p.dds file for a wrong texture... Reinstalling the above parallax pack fixed the problem.

These new features (blending and parallax) are really amazing and change the game drastically. It looks much more modern and realistic 3D.

I am trying to track down something I changed recently in getting these new textures set up that could be causing sporadic CTD issues but I seriously doubt it is related to ENB.

Thanks so much for your work improving our game! If I were Todd Howard I would buy you a new car for all you've done for TES! :)

Phinix wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 19:17
ENBSeries wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 13:47 Install proper textures for terrain parallax. It's not my problem.
You were correct, the problem was I had a _p.dds file for a wrong texture... Reinstalling the above parallax pack fixed the problem.

These new features (blending and parallax) are really amazing and change the game drastically. It looks much more modern and realistic 3D.

I am trying to track down something I changed recently in getting these new textures set up that could be causing sporadic CTD issues but I seriously doubt it is related to ENB.

Thanks so much for your work improving our game! If I were Todd Howard I would buy you a new car for all you've done for TES! :)
Hey, how did you really manage to fix it, I use the same landscape mod from pfuscher latest version and I get same spikes, I tried full version and downscaled one and result is the same, nothing is overwriting the textures + all have _p.dds , the mud ( dirtpath texture) is working as intended just all other terrain parallax dont. In enb settings i have all complex+shadows parallax enabled + terrain blending. Architecture parallax has no problems.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed game bug when some objects in water reflection have yellow-green color. Changed terrain blending algorithm.

agiz19
Maybe priorities of your mods play the tricks with you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added ability to load and replace decal textures inside the game to simplify their editing, check profiler tab of editor window. Added depth bias for transparent parallax meshes to avoid z-fighting. Complex parallax decals also can be made from usual meshes to support their transparency.

*sensei*

agiz19 wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 22:09Hey, how did you really manage to fix it, I use the same landscape mod from pfuscher latest version and I get same spikes, I tried full version and downscaled one and result is the same, nothing is overwriting the textures + all have _p.dds , the mud ( dirtpath texture) is working as intended just all other terrain parallax dont. In enb settings i have all complex+shadows parallax enabled + terrain blending. Architecture parallax has no problems.
I first install the 4k Downscaled Skyrim 202X by Pfuscher. I then install both the main file and meshes fix from Skyrim 2020 Terrain Parallax (also Pfuscher) allowing them to overwrite duplicates.

I would recommend people do NOT install Parallax Mesh Patch Collection as it has tons of bad meshes that will cause reliable CTD even after re-saving in Cathedral Asset Optimizer.

Also, if you see any white texture glitches it may be something worth trying to install Auto Parallax. Boris can say for sure whether it is fully redundant at this point but I can confirm it is safe to run alongside ENB. There is also an option in the .ini to auto-parallax certain meshes that don't have meshes set to support it. Being an SKSE plugin you need to make sure to have the correct version of Address Library, however it works with any Skyrim SE version (including up to the latest AE).