Fallout 4 0.468

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fallout 4 0.468

Fallout 4 (TES With Guns)

ENBSeries graphic mod / ENBoost patch

Added parameters for game volumetric fog near mountains and intensity of game rays.
Added wireframe visualization to profiler category of editor.

*sensei*

Re: Fallout 4 0.467

Hi Boris,

Last three versions i have gloss and cubemaps turning on and off in interiors pretty often.
I know it's ENB cause when i open the settings in game and turn the effect off i got my cubemaps and gloss back..

I had some mods in the past messing with cubemaps that disabled them cause they used a wrong dds format,
so the first thing i did was check all te mods for cubemaps, but none of my mods has any, so i searched the esp's and my materials for wrong paths, nothing.
Been searching for days, until i finally thought, let's try to disable ENB in-game, and to my surprise i got my metallic gloss and fake cubemap reflections back.
I have tried to disable each loose efect to see which one made the problem, but none did, only if i disable the entire ENB effect i get my gloss amd cubemaps back.
But sometimes all of a sudden it pops back on, and a minute later off again, and only in interiors..Outside it's always good.

It's a shame cause the rain was just awesome, but now i think i have to go back 4 versions for the time being.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I need to know where to test, screenshots of what to look at. Maybe you know something in the first vault? Cause i'm not familiar with game locations.

Thanks Boris!

Marcurios wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 22:14 I had some mods in the past messing with cubemaps that disabled them cause they used a wrong dds format,
I would manual delete all mods that have loose textures files or try a clean FO4 install.

I've had mods that didn't uninstall properly loose textures , because a mod update, because they forgot files there or merge with other mods.

Specifically those mods of "water puddles" (remove or fix) tend to give a random shit.

Sorry for the "rereply"...

Boris the new GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS settings don't work on ULTRA GODRAY(in Launch Menu), is this normal?

I tested with everything default, and it works well in LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH.

Thanks!

*sensei*

i had it in Hardware Town near Diamond City, the Corvega factory, The Mechanist Lair etc.

It could actually still be that it is triggered because of a mod, cause a little while ago i tried out ELFX (enhanced lights and effects), and since than i have the problem.
But i packed all the files of this mod into BA2 files, i always do that for easy uninstall so nothing of the mod is left when i uninstall it.
And i went back to a save that i made way before i even had ELFX installed, and i still got the problem.

Like is mentioned before, i also have te puddle fix mod, but i edited that a long time ago so that it doesn't affect cubemaps and i never had a problem with that.
So it's kinda unlikely that it's any of my current mods doing that.
Also, you know that i am a long time modder, i made hundreds of mods so i definitely know what to look for when i troubleshoot stuff.
So i know the game is picky with cubemaps that are saved in the wrong format, that's a mistake i don't make usually.

But that all being said, i kinda think it's strange that it started happening with ELFX, and persisted after i uninstalled it and went back to a starter save game.
And that i than found out that disabling ENB fixes it, that was the weirdest discovery, cause i never had ENB doing anything like this.
So i can't be a 100% sure that it's not triggered by another mod yet.
But if it is triggered by a mod, it does affect ENB in some way cause disabling it fixes the cubemaps and gloss.
I'll do some more research later today and dig into my esp files, i checked all the textures and materials, but not the esp files yet.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know the game, i dont know which objects to look at, that's why asked screenshots how to find and what to check.

The new GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS settings don't work on ULTRA GODRAYS quality(in Launch Menu)

Save with GODRAYS "highlighted ":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pt6rD5 ... qP08scDnYn

GODRAYS Menu:
https://i.imgur.com/5PDJv2h.jpg

Ultra:
https://i.imgur.com/u6MY1eG.png

High:
https://i.imgur.com/nD35XDr.png

Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Default0cry
Fixed, will be available in next update.

I know I sound like a fan, pedantic and silly.

But Boris, You are unique!

Thank you 1000 times!!!