Fallout 4 0.461

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 0.461

Thanks one more time for the explanation.

My last doubt (I'm making the final adjust now I promise :D )

With dark environment the near fog make a vacuum Ring, much more visible in 1st person.
Here in this video I oversaturated the fog to explain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHEoxrvEtE

The mod "Near Fog Zero" fix this, change only 2 atributes, FNAM - Fog Distance -> Day Near and FNAM - Fog Distance -> Night Near at each weather.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods ... posts&BH=1

Would it be possible to implement this adjust/fix natively in ENB?
Like this: forcenearfog

This option would truly be a game changer for anyone looking to use ENB to make more realistic nights without disable the fog.

Thank you!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, this thing require useless maths on cpu, i dont want to waste performance for it.

I tested the mod with my i3(4 core) and the performance drop was around 5% in the worst case scenario (Far Habor with max FOG settings)

But it wouldn't be worth the time, because even without the "vacuum ring", other visible rings appear as the fog is applied in low light.

How we need the fog to cover that ugly static sea of Far Habor(The fog is a Smokescreen to mask imperfections there), the solution is push the fog to a less noticeable ring point with 0.5 DistanceFade at nights.

Now I just need to tune the sun to finish.

Thank you again!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will not adjust those properties of the fog, they need matrix transforms for each object rendered which is noticable performance hit on cpu. And also this not gonna help, almost all mods do not have per weather setup, but generic fog distance setting are not compatible with all game weathers as single parameter.

My preset is for vanilla weather only.
It is mandatory for YOLO(You Only Live Once) true runs because the rads/protection and weather instinctive predictability is primordial when we play without radiation cure.

I already tested the ENB fog setting DistanceFadeNight at 0.5 and works like a charm with very dark nights settings.

Far Habor have that fog most of the time in Vanilla and even using that changing weather fireworks it tends to go back to default within a few minutes.
That Bethesda fog is ugly, bad for performance and visually tiring.
But is a part of the lore and helps to immerse(adding difficulty too)

After I will test my preset for 100 hours or more and if everything ok I will share.

Thanks!

Hello.

Thanks again Boris for the rich documentation.
In a short time I was able to make a slide for adjusting the Night Vision effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZIn2JZP4w

The Night Vision effect in Vanilla is very weak but can "hurt" people.
The last quest in Institute with the "Night Person" perk and with stealth power armor is the worst case scenario.

With this new slide it is possible to fine tune the effect even in extreme brightness conditions.

Many thanks!