TES Skyrim SE 0.423

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.423

Difference is huge, because enblocal.ini is not shared with users, but preset makers may tweak exactly for old or new style, so if it's in enbseries.ini, easier for users who just don't want to bother. From other side, similar problem exist for those who do want to have certain sss type. Makeup can't be skipped, it's costly to render extra more mask for them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In my eyes the SSE look is much better. But someone already said that LE looks better, so I guess it is a matter of taste. Considering all this I think it is better to put it into the enbseries.ini, this way presets will look correct and more consistent. (And skin parameters are easier to adjust when all in one place under one category)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Damn, i forgot one another important factor - ColorPow. In SE it's applied to that brighter albedo, so bodies in LE are darker. I don't know what to do, didn't bother to check if game have this stupid bug with absurd math for skins. LE version is basically wrong, but i can't touch it and people like it more, im stuck.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Why not just use ColorPow default values as base ? Or is it maybe possible to make separate ColorPow parameters for bodies ? (resulting in two separate ColorPow parameters - one for bodies and one for everthing else)

Old SSS would be awesome for SE ENB if possible. If I'm understanding, it would added as a config choice rather than a total replacement for current SSS?

Anubis wrote:In my eyes the SSE look is much better. But someone already said that LE looks better, so I guess it is a matter of taste. Considering all this I think it is better to put it into the enbseries.ini, this way presets will look correct and more consistent. (And skin parameters are easier to adjust when all in one place under one category)
Are you referring to the pic that Boris' shared or the current SSS for SE ?
Also Boris, Oldrim SSS is already look good, better leave it alone in my opinion

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jackalasfoo wrote:Are you referring to the pic that Boris' shared or the current SSS for SE ?
I'm referring to these pictures on the previous page.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, thanks folks.

I know I'm coming a bit after the battle but I had to create an account to reply (even though I've been reading the forum for a long time).
Referring to the posted screenshots, I prefer the SSE version than the LE version. I find it more homogeneous and more "realistic" (even if it's hard to say).
I think the cons are more numerous than the pros.
It took me a long time to find an acceptable setting for Ljoss, but I think it's possible to get very good results with the current method.

Also, isn't changing modes going to be a problem with existing skin mods?
Anyway most people think it was always better before, no matter what you choose, there will be someone who will find it was better otherwise ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did switch to toggle current and old sss, so you should not worry. There is still some difference, but minor.