TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Mindflux, thanks :)

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*master*

Just tried .109 with latest TES.exe and was very impressed. Better performance, no artifacts on grass and the water looks to be improved (less transparency with SSAO activated). My .102 settings seem to be identical when using .109, which is also a huge relief. Did some stress testing (spawning cheese wheels lol) and experienced no CTDs. Thanks for your hard work, Boris.

i5-2500k 4.3 GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 580 (Stock)

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kalicola wrote:Mindflux, thanks :)
You're most welcome ;)

I haven't experienced any freezes (already clocking hours), but sometimes when I switch to desktop and then back to Skyrim I get weird flickering in nearby scenery whenever I move the mouse. The issue seems to have something to do with DOF, because I haven't been able to reproduce it with DOF disabled. The issue is also fixed by itself if I switch to desktop and back a couple of times, so it seems like it occurs randomly. I will next test without any kind of AA to see if it has anything to do with the issue.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I still can't get Depth of Field to work despite trying numerous suggestions in this thread.

It also freezes on exiting the game by the way (Injector).

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

ENBSeries wrote:kalicola
So all I need to do is copy over the enbseries.dll.. And then I need to run the enbinjector.exe when I play, and that's it? Keep all my old files from 1.02? Your post was a little confusing to me with that updating files thing...
Yes, do as mindflux said if previously used d3d9.dll. Or wait for new update with wrapper version (but how do you guys run it with Steam? for me it not allow to use wrapper).

nordikwolf
I don't know anything about CTD, because i have them with or without mod, it's game and videodrivers all together. But mod need a lot of videomemory for own purposes, so may be you don't have enough and that's the problem. Other user's config doesn't matter, only if they have other d3d9 libraries or invalid shaders, then CTD possible. Personally i'm using Fraps, it doesn't have any affect, but may be because it's old version.

I use steam and msi AB and haven´t any problem with wrapper.
i lauch skyrim from my library of steam directly
this enb 109 is great, the best version untill now, congrats, you are a kind of genius.
i still wait a wrapper version, much more confortable to use...

Depth of Field has caused graphical artifacts/oddities using 109 for me as well. The most pronounced is a sort of halo at the edge of textures, on close examination it's like a mirror edge of the texture. Adjusting DOF parameters has resolved this for me. Wish I could tell you what parameter triggered this, but I started making my own Bokeh effect and lost track...

I also needed to re-work AO code. Stock code from Sharpshooter or others did not display at the same quality as before. Making adjustments resolved this. 109's performance is good enough that I was able to effectively double AO quality without significant frame rate loss.

Matso's anamorphic lens flare effect also had odd results. I'd get a big blue rectangle across the screen. Adjusting parameters didn't resolve it, just made it weirder, so i disabled.

UW - try removing SMAA from the skyrim directory, and disable all AA/AF/AO - everything, from nvidia drivers, basically dumb down everything, and see what you get. I just loaded up your director's cut config and it ran fine in 109 for me.
Last edited by chidosity on 01 May 2012, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guys, if you have problems with other mods or customized effects, then post links to them and how to get these bugs visible, because i'm not playing game and have no idea about modding.

Sorry Boris, I mentioned those oddities more ....conversationally, not because I expect you to address them. This thread probably isn't the place for those comments. Don't see how we can hold you responsible for 3rd party code.

*master*

mindflux wrote:
kalicola wrote:Mindflux, thanks :)
You're most welcome ;)

I haven't experienced any freezes (already clocking hours), but sometimes when I switch to desktop and then back to Skyrim I get weird flickering in nearby scenery whenever I move the mouse. The issue seems to have something to do with DOF, because I haven't been able to reproduce it with DOF disabled. The issue is also fixed by itself if I switch to desktop and back a couple of times, so it seems like it occurs randomly. I will next test without any kind of AA to see if it has anything to do with the issue.
That happened with 1.08 too and its a bug when you alt tab. It seems to occur more often if you alt tab with "windows key + tab" than "alt + tab" though.

Also i noticed that SSAO seems tied to the driver settings now, "disabled" in NVinspector disables ENB SSAO as well. I thought it was somewhat different, as in separately computed? That leads me to the question if the SSAO compatibility bits also effect ENB SSAO, it sure seemed like that in a quick test
(Fallout 3 compat = massive flicker, CoD 4 = much less flicker, SSAO usage enabled but setting "off").

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I notice that the FPS counter is not working with the latest update to 0.109, anyone else getting this?

Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning, DoF and SSAO are now working fine for me.