TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Oyama
BTW, can I ask you (don't know how much time it deserves) to fix that pb with exit from game with wrapper version ?
What is "pb"? Crash on exit? If yes, i can't fix, because when vendor hacks used, game incorrectly working with reference counter of COM objects, there are no ways to walkaround, i can only hide crash from user, but result is the same.

when SSAO is applied on deep dark shadows, these turn hard deep gray instead of "black" indeed
I know, it look so bad... Spend several days experimenting how to fix this, no luck (i can't decrease performance even more for indirect lighting). Latest game patch is not good, but i afraid it's last.

Samurai_Smartie
SSIL in 0.109 work, but it differ from 0.102, because in 0.102 it was used for computation from low dynamic range image and it's intensity clamped and scaled. But new computed from hdr texture, so it's more correct, you can see it only when light source is very bright, like sun, or when light area is small on screen and everything else is black. It's physically correct computation, but ssao math itself is wrong (will be changed later).

Samurai_Smartie wrote:Can anyone please try and make 1 or 2 comparison screenshots between normal SSAO and SSIL ?
I get the impression that Indirect Lighting doesnt work. In 1.02, setting it to 100 produced a white-out and a hughe performance hit, in 1.09 it does neither. For me at least.

Thanks
http://imgur.com/a/8ZqPP

Image order got screwed up, sorry....anyways:

First image shows ILAmount=4.5

Second image IL is OFF

Third image shows ILAmount=0.5

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris :
No problem at all !
About these shadows, I'll stop focusing on it, and that's ok.
And a crash on exit, well...is a crash on exit ! Like you said, harmless anyway.
:D
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Boris, all seems to be working correctly now. I hope it keeps this way! :D

Good job and I will contribute in a few days, as I had said!

just reporting something involving .109. I have performance locked at 20 21 sometimes itll bouce up to about 25 but it seems it locked at 20 21 with .109 beta. Using Nvidia GTX470. When i run .102 version I run at 30 FPS all the time.

Congrats on the new release Boris! 109 works & looks just great!

*master*

chidosity wrote:
Samurai_Smartie wrote:Can anyone please try and make 1 or 2 comparison screenshots between normal SSAO and SSIL ?
I get the impression that Indirect Lighting doesnt work. In 1.02, setting it to 100 produced a white-out and a hughe performance hit, in 1.09 it does neither. For me at least.

Thanks
http://imgur.com/a/8ZqPP

Image order got screwed up, sorry....anyways:

First image shows ILAmount=4.5

Second image IL is OFF

Third image shows ILAmount=0.5
Thanks for your screens.
When i turn on IL it bugs out, 1rst is with SSAO and second with 0.5 IL activated. Notice the SSAO vanishes, same with the fire. Its much like the bug you get when alt-tabbing, just without alt tab.

WHY?!!?!?!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kawimx216
Thanks for information. But i don't know how to help, the problem is how game engine work, it destroy parallel rendering and if i add texture capturing, it also add disbalance (but it is for parallel computations, in some areas and camera rotation, no problem). On my pc damn locked performance is 25 or 38 fps, it's driver and hardware specific timing for accessing to video memory. In Whiterun locking of resources (vertex buffers) completely destroy performance even in vanilla game (38 fps for me).

Samurai_Smartie
If fire (or any other transparent object) is completely hidden, then it means that color textures are not captured properly (one is what you see on screen, another without transparent objects), this is a bug and i need savegame to such areas (and may be info if this appear when antialiasing enabled or all the time).

Btw, the only thing i found about asking external help with hardware - multidisplay, sli, crossfire, stereo support, because it's all costly and takes a lot of time to develop, not many users have such devices, so i don't like the idea to make support for this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris :

wow, these new dlls gave me a performance boost from 5 to 10 FPS !
While increasing SSAO parameters !

Stunning, no other words.
Seems that darkening level of SSAO increased also.

GTX580 0x1080 0x10DE in x2SLI

Would a 24 inch 1920x1200 LG Flatron monitor be usefull for you ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Boris, something very awful happened...with your new uploaded 0.109, I'm getting the super shadows problem (including the black eyes one), which I was getting in the 0.105 version. Some areas are becoming extremely dark, and plants vary from dark to illuminated many times. Tried to turn off SMAA, gamma correction, and nothing seems to happen. What now?

Btw, looks like your speed hack is working well. But it started to happens after I used it. Strange (and I turned it off and again nothing different happened. The problem goes on).
Last edited by nordikwolf on 04 May 2012, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.