TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Thanks for wrapper version Boris! that was very fast!

But, why are injector.exe file in wrapper version?
is necesary to execute it to make work?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@ boris
but with NVidia vendor hack enabled (by game) and used by the mod
What for a hack is this specifically and is this hack causing all the problems for you or do you refer by hack to Nvidias Driver based AO implementation ? or a Specific Shader Optimization for the Creation Engine by Nvidia inside their Compiler, or even the complete Internal Driver change since the 300x series (official implementation of FXAA pipeline and Synergy preparation) ?
Especially what is the purpose of this hack from you point of view ? (speed,quality or both) ?

1 thing is sure Nvidia and other Vendor (AMD) have much more possibilities to manipulate the Engine that runs beneath the Driver compared to a DX injector though i didn't test ENB myself yet fully as im thinking the Engine has to provide the capabilities not a 3rd party tool Lucidlogix has also started with NT 6 doing all sorts of Framebuffer manipulations though on a higher level then a DX injector does and their recent results trying to implement Dynamic Resolution into the Creation Engine seem awkward "Lucidlogix Dynamix".

I guess it's not easy with all the time Changing Driver Optimizations to keep up and i have really big respect for you doing it anyways fighting with all these Driver issues, and yeah (Elder Scrolls since Oblivion) Sykrim is a awesome game and it's a pity it wasn't Developed with CryEngine 3, Frostbite 2 or ID tech 5 ;)
But im pretty sure we will see something comparable for CryEngine 3 in the near future the Community is very creative their also and implementing a Skyrim like cloth system (changeable body mesh) seems to be feasible and i wouldn't be surprised if some already working on it as some MMOs (Aion,Blue Mars) already have such solutions (Developed for CE 1/2) :)

Though creating a whole Landscape like Skyrim has obviously is a daunting task :D
Last edited by CruNcher on 02 May 2012, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

Lolwut?!
Erm you can google "Nvidia Vendor Hack".
As far as i understood it it is a hack for the DirectX specifications to get acess to the depth buffer of the GPU, and Boris uses that for his SSAO and DoF.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Samurai_Smartie wrote:Lolwut?!
Erm you can google "Nvidia Vendor Hack".
As far as i understood it it is a hack for the DirectX specifications to get acess to the depth buffer of the GPU, and Boris uses that for his SSAO and DoF.
Seems i misunderstood that thx
ENBSeries wrote:As i know, at least for my NVidia, alt+tab frequently destroy depth based effects in vanilla game, i posted example screenshots in tavern, where fire have ghosting of not updated depth buffer. Again, do not post notices about old bugs (fixed them for old version, but now it's useless).
Does this happen with Aero (DWM) OFF also and DX9 Windowed not DX9 EX ?

@Samurai_Smartie

Do you know of a direct compare between Nvidias Driver SSAO and Boris his SSAO ENB implementation, many people seem to say it's a better implementation but i found no Direct Compares comparing the Driver SSAO in terms of speed ms vs ENBs SSAO preferably without Texturing on ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

stakado
Sorry, i forgot to remove injector from wrapper folder, of course it's not required.

CruNcher
Vendor hack is for capturing scene depth texture faster than to draw separately or at single time, but without antialiasing (as done in gta4).
"Lucidlogix Dynamix" - i don't know why even to develop such bullshit, if someone want to get good performance, then he/she buy another videocard or decrease display resolution. Only fools from Intel with their slowest and buggy graphics could use it. There are some rules and if you move against them, no one need it. Implement such "feature" is the matter of hour.
About driver issues, i mostly ignore them, because if game itself isn't buggy, then driver bugs are get fixed fast, if appear. Also by unknown reason driver bugs are the same, so i know what to expect every time new videocard model appear on the market and driver updated for it. If to say about vendor hacks, it's simple, but only when these info is available to the public (for NVidia, Skyrim use unknown to game developers hack, seems it's only for few studios as hidden feature to beat ATI, but ATI have similar and known to everyone, so NVidia behavior is strange).
SSAO for Skyrim is incorrect, i did another version for Deus Ex HR and tried it in Skyrim, but users prefer wrong, so personally i don't think it's good. The only difference that mine ssao always better than any other, because it's applied properly to lighting at huge cost of performance. The screenshots of my ssao in Deus Ex HR posted here viewtopic.php?t=432&p=4815#p4815
Does this happen with Aero (DWM) OFF also and DX9 Windowed not DX9 EX ?
I'm WinXP user, so don't know.

chidosity
Sorry, i'm the person who never accept any help, simpler when you not in debt of any kind. My life is unpredictable, hard to live when changing once or twice per year where you living with stresses. If i'll accept any help with hardware, then can't even guarantee that will finish mod faster, not everything depends from me (at least not with money i'm earning).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris :

about help, I was the same as @chidosity, but I completely understand your point !
When I'm seeing what you accomplished with your HW... I don't even understand...
Everything's about your skills.

BTW, can I ask you (don't know how much time it deserves) to fix that pb with exit from game with wrapper version ?
Just for those who'll prefer it for convenience, don't really care on my side

Will do some tests comparing 0.105 -0.106 and 0.109 for bugs hunting :)

One thing I've noticed already is about SSAO (i think ?) on my side
With 0.109, when SSAO is applied on deep dark shadows, these turn hard deep gray instead of "black" indeed
Mean the black becomes like washed out in a way.
It ain't drastic, but didn't notice with previous versions
Specially appears whith console command "coc qasmoke" and looking black zones in distance
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

ENBSeries wrote: chidosity
Sorry, i'm the person who never accept any help, simpler when you not in debt of any kind. My life is unpredictable, hard to live when changing once or twice per year where you living with stresses. If i'll accept any help with hardware, then can't even guarantee that will finish mod faster, not everything depends from me (at least not with money i'm earning).
Not to press you more about it, as you are an adult and whatever choice you make are entirely up to you, but I think chidosity is trying to say, rather than stress yourself we can support you in the same way you have supported us. Kind of like giving back to someone who has given a lot freely. It's not necessarily just so "you can finish ENB Series faster" but more of people's ways of giving you thanks rather than just having you struggle.

Plus, think about it, if you have a better work environment it just makes it easier for you to enjoy what you're doing and test any inconsistencies all around. Also, if you would have normally spent the money on the hardware, you don't have to spend it on hardware out of your pocket, and instead you can spend it on things you might need to spend instead.

We all use help from one another at different points in life. We're one human family after all. It's easy to forget that because of how harsh our world can be. But the fact doesn't change that we all should do what we can to help each other.

I don't think the many users who use your mods would blink in order to contribute a bit to help you in whatever way we can. Just ask :).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@shingouki :

I more than 2000% agree with you, but... I understand Boris also...
He just wants to feel himself... free.
Of any kinds of things.
This I can understand cause I'm coming (because of my age 43 I'm an old man :D ) to know life a little.

Anyway, his choice. I'll stop with all that pseudo-psycho analytics to concentrate on bugs hunting..
And I think the guy is frank enough to ask if he needs something from us.

Cheers !
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Boris,

If you get the opportunity to take a vacation, there's a beach-side shack in south Florida ready for you.

I still can't find any bugs in 106 that are not present in earlier versions. Looking forward to the feature merge from 104.

Interesting that you say most Skyrim users don't like the DeusEX AO implementation. Suppose it's the performance hit. Be interesting, as a side project, to see just how far you could take skyim, performance be-damned. Not really a request, just mental masterbation. Your work + Matso's DOF has really revolutionized what Skyrim is capable of producing.

Cheers.

*master*

Can anyone please try and make 1 or 2 comparison screenshots between normal SSAO and SSIL ?
I get the impression that Indirect Lighting doesnt work. In 1.02, setting it to 100 produced a white-out and a hughe performance hit, in 1.09 it does neither. For me at least.

Thanks