TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

The first 0.109 version was the best for me (using a nvidia gtx680), except the alt+tab bug that disable depth effects after a while.

With this update:
6 may 2012
One more update of 0.109 BETA TES Skyrim.
SSAO and DoF are working fine again for me. :)

The only remaining "issues" I have are:
1) Can't run Dxtory (fraps-like tool) to limit fps anymore, game crashes on loading a save with both wrapper/injector versions. 'Solved' by limited fps via nvidia inspector.
2) I seem to get more screen tearing than before (indoors, when standing still and turning it's very obvious). Or rather, I seem to get screen tearing again. Could be related to #1, or could be related to speedhack being set to true?
Last edited by Vond on 06 May 2012, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

If you could get this to cooperate with Dxtory that would be great. It is my streaming software. . .

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Vond
Don't know what is it "tearing" of screen. If it's strange delays in frames even if fps is high, it's multithreading bug not related to the mod at all, it's just increased by speed hacks.

I'm not supporting DXtory or any other software for tweaking and monitoring videocards or games, capturing videos, etc. They have own bugs and i'm not interested to spend time to walkaround them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Map checked, i don't have any issues with it, the same with speed hacks or without them. Anything else may affect it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris :

last update fine for me, wrapper as injector versions. :D Thumbs up.

Just a single question :
I'm having huge performance drops just by enabling SSIL.
I know, that's why you called these "slow" and "fast" modes :D ... but between 10 and 20 FPS lost !... :shock:

Am I doing something wrong with this @1920x1080 ? :

[SSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=true
SamplingQuality=0
SamplingRange=0.7
FadeFogRangeDay=7.0
FadeFogRangeNight=7.0
SizeScale=0.4
SourceTexturesScale=0.5
FilterQuality=0
AOAmount=1.0
ILAmount=1.2

AAx0 ingame. Using SMAA. (same if I don't use SMAA)
Is that something to do with transparency antialiasing ? (I let this on via Nvidia Inspector)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris
Is it possible to get a non textured render result directly from ENB without using external ways, or via a Creation Engine
command ?
also where to find the history of released ENB 109 skyrim beta downloads, and on which driver are you developing currently ?
Opethfeldt wrote:The first 0.109 version was the best for me (using a nvidia gtx680), except the alt+tab bug that disable depth effects after a while.
Why was it the "best" for you because it Subjectively looked better with your previous settings ?
or because of a specific Render or Speed problem you experience now with the updated versions ?

As fast as this is changing you have to expect your old settings to not work as expected anymore and retune them to get a equal rendering result as you used to it from your mod.

Creation Engine is very complex (the whole mod system is very fragile hacked together it seems, really a lot of things that can go wrong elsewhere if you not extremely careful also)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
For SSIL i'm drawing all objects twice, second time without textures, only lighting, at the ssao/ssil mixing function restore textures color from two drawed images to compute and mix indirect lighting correctly. If not to do this, ssao will be the same as in any other game or by NVidia (applied on to everything, not to the lighting). Of course to draw two times is not free, especially for cpu. Alternative method do not support hardware antialiasing (msaa, but dx11 allow it), so i'm not using it.

CruNcher
Non textured is not possible with Skyrim mods, it was useless feature of gta4 version which only added me more problems with newbies who trying to tweak. Why do you need this?
History of builds not exist. Driver version is 285.58
Creation Engine is very complex (the whole mod system is very fragile hacked together it seems, really a lot of things that can go wrong elsewhere if you not extremely careful also)
It's not complex, it's messy, as most of other engines, plus it's renderer written by folks who don't know much about optimization rules.

Anyway, all 0.109 versions look the same, not touched graphics, only fixed bugs. And if everything okay now? Can i implement new fx?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris :
Ok, thanx for explanations, crystal clear.
Anyway, even fast mode looks better than Nvidia AO... much better in my taste !
And BTW, no more "dark gray" shadows, or very less !! Did you modify SSAO code ?

YES, (for me at least) you can implement new fx !

THANK U SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT WORK ! :D
(Contribution on its way.)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Damn it! The game worked properly few hours ago, now loading movie with Begthesda logo not appear, it's because of speed hack. Somewhere else not reseted device state lost, i'll do fix.