TES Skyrim SE 0.338

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.338

Thank you for the update! The clouds edge parameters are one of those things we only realize how much we missed after we play around with it!

That's interesting to know about those issues, that the real issue is that even if you were able to make all the necessary changes, the startup time would grow unacceptably long. I'd be curious to get a test copy of that if it ever happened - I have a monster rig with an NVME drive (5x faster than a regular SSD) and a 5930k 6 core processor and I'm wondering how long it would take (it takes me about 3 seconds without ENB and about 10-15 seconds with ENB)... is that normal? If so, it's probably processor bound. Is that shader compiler process able to be multithreaded? That is something I could perhaps *possibly* help with, if so and it hasn't been yet. And if C# coding can be deployed to handle it. Most people have at least 4 cores... if it could take 80 seconds down to 20-25...

Oh! And I do have another question. For oldrim, there were certain memory hacks available that overcame some of the 32 bit restrictions on memory usage. And I believe the response has been that it's unnecessary for SSE... but I'm not so sure. Thing is, I remember that the calculation for the optimum setting for the oldrim ENB memory hack included a count of how much SYSTEM memory you had, not just VRAM. My 6gb of VRAM can get filled in SSE, but I have AIDA64 monitoring everything on my desktop, and if I alt-tab out of the game even when VRAM seems full, my system memory doesn't drop at all. I have 32 gb total system RAM and 22 of it will sit there uselessly regardless of where I am in game in SSE. I don't think that aspect of the oldrim memory hack, the aspect of making it use system RAM as VRAM (which that setting calculation implies it must have been able to), works by default in SSE at all. I looked to see if anyone had asked this before and failed, sorry if it's a frequent question.

Qwinn wrote:That's interesting to know about those issues, that the real issue is that even if you were able to make all the necessary changes, the startup time would grow unacceptably long. I'd be curious to get a test copy of that if it ever happened - I have a monster rig with an NVME drive (5x faster than a regular SSD) and a 5930k 6 core processor and I'm wondering how long it would take (it takes me about 3 seconds without ENB and about 10-15 seconds with ENB)... is that normal? If so, it's probably processor bound. Is that shader compiler process able to be multithreaded? That is something I could perhaps *possibly* help with, if so and it hasn't been yet. And if C# coding can be deployed to handle it. Most people have at least 4 cores... if it could take 80 seconds down to 20-25...
To add to that is it possible to cache any of the shader compilation so its a once off? Other games do this kind of thing but not being a gfx programmer I have nfi the amount work is involved.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Qwinn
Shaders of the game compiled on single cpu core, so startup time will not increase on your system (only external shaders of the mod will benefit from many cores, each shader compiled on each core). I thought about trying to put game shaders to many threads by simply compiling them with delay, but the code which check if shaders are created before drawing with them will consume some performance, which is worse than waiting longer at start. In Skyrim SE it may be okay, but in VR it's unacceptable.
"Active" video memory in dx11 applications is shared very similar way as in dx9, it just lot bigger usually. So you dont need to worry about out of video memory, because ram will be used instead and only performance degrade. I didn't see issues with blurred not loaded textures like Fallout 4 have, so guess there is nothing to fix.

rcdcce
Caching do help in this case, but i dont think average users will be happy from several hundred megabytes of many thousands files.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I occasionally can see those blurry, not loaded ground textures in Skyrim SE (3GB Vram and 32GB Ram). Sometimes, after a fast travel and sometimes when I run through the world with increased timescale.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio
It is not that case i think, you see them as not yet loaded, but if after some time they appear. But in Fallout 4 they stay low for some people without patch.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added animated stars parameter and fixed game code which do not allow full darkness for stars and sky gradient.

Guzio

I have that from time to time too, seems the LOD is not unloading. I've read it could be resolved with a "fLandLOfadeSeconds=" command on the console or the Skyrim.ini, but haven't had the opportunity to test it out. Looks like the amount set by that line is divided by the timescale factor, so if a LOD should unload while we have a very low timescale for any vanilla or mod reasons it might get stuck for a long time.

User nicklemarr wrote: from https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... -textures/

"For anyone suffering the same problem but doesn't want to play at default timescale, you need to add "fLandLOfadeSeconds=X" to your Skyrim.ini and where X is, but half of your timescale. So, I opened my last save game, went to where the problem is prevelant, and "fLandLOfadeSeconds=0.5:general" in console, refreshed, saved, qqq, then loaded it up and it solved itself."

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris -- Yes, exactly as you said, blurry texture, not loaded in full resolution, I have to walk a bit or wait until it finally loads. In Oldrim I have the same issue.

Dante_Draven -- Thanks fo a tip, friend :D

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram