TES Skyrim SE 0.325

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.325

ENBSeries wrote:Version updated, download again
Removed last updated subsurface scattering parameters, added new separated for objects, vegetation and eyes. Vegetation sss have limitations and not all grasses and trees work
Thanks for the update. Just doing some testing and wondering if you Boris or anyone can clarify? So, I know you said vegetation SSS has its limitation and so far with testing (at least briefly) I couldn't notice and adjustment in grass or trees as I adjusted vegetation values however, it would adjust some rocks. As seen here

But, then I would adjust objects and that too would adjust a different set of rocks on the screen.

Also, is the vegetation section supposed to default to a value of 1.00 which is also the max cause of the limitations?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Vegetation shaders have saturation, i dont want to recomplie them to remove saturation, because this need a lot of testing, thats why i also set max limit to 1.0 as any value above have no impact on visuals.
If rocks have sss parameters, it means they have invalid shaders set by game developers. Not my problem.

ENBSeries wrote:Vegetation shaders have saturation, i dont want to recomplie them to remove saturation, because this need a lot of testing, thats why i also set max limit to 1.0 as any value above have no impact on visuals.
If rocks have sss parameters, it means they have invalid shaders set by game developers. Not my problem.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I understand now. Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to add a parameter for Character lighting?

At the moment we can turn it on and off with 'cl on/off' but the other parameters don't do anything.

cl fill
cl rim (probably not implemented?)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe, but its not important now.

Hey Boris,

I think I found a bug in your most recent version of ENB 0.325 for Skyrim Special Edition, the values for "AmountInteriorDay= " and "AmountInteriorNight= " in the [Bloom] section seem to be additive, which shouldn't be the case, right? To give you an example of what I mean, this is what the fireplace in Breezehome looks like with both those values set to 0 at roughly 12.30 day time:
https://i.imgur.com/YMCUACM.jpg

With only AmountInteriorDay= set to 0.01 it looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/4XS9iQy.jpg

And with both AmountInteriorDay= and AmountInteriorNight= set to 0.01 it looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/tlYWLvK.jpg

As you can see, the fire gets brighter when I set AmountInteriorNight= to 0.01 despite it being daytime and both entries having the same value, so it shouldn't add any additional bloom regardless of time of day, right? From what I understand, the two values represent the pure day and night values and as the ingame time progresses these values slowly progress from day to night and back using interim values, correct?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You have statistics window opened and there clearly visible that its between sunrise and day time. Sunrise time do not exist for interiors, so its interpolated from the night.

I know the statistics window says 10.60, but it is stuck at this value for the entire day, regardless of actual ingame time, which was around 12.30 when I took the screenshots. I noticed in general when walking around with the ENB menu and the statistics window open that interior time of day detection is really wonky, in the hall of the companions for example it was stuck at 01.00 for one entire day except at 15.00 when it jumped to 8 and started counting down to 1, waiting one hour suddenly jumped the time around again and one more hour of waiting brought it back to 01.00 where it stayed for the entire rest of the day. The actual time it gets stuck at can vary each day, but it never is actually representative of ingame time and can be stuck at night values during day or anything in between, for example I just went back into the hall of the companions and it was stuck at 1.98 despite it being 12:42 ingame time.

I know you said you only implemented fake day/night interior detection for the moment, but it shouldn't be stuck at night time during the day or the other way around, right?

As for the bloom issue I was mentioning, I understand that interiors currently only have night and day values to work with, but how can it be that AmountInteriorDay= set to 0.02 while AmountInteriorNight= is set to 0 is less bright than both entries being set to 0.01? You said the sunrise value gets interpolated from the night value since there is no sunrise value at the moment, but at 10.60 according to the statistics window the influence of the night value should be quite small and not have more impact than doubling the value of AmountInteriorDay=, shouldn't it? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how this works, but it felt weird to me that the AmountInteriorNight= value had such a large influence during daytime, even if not 100% daytime according to the statistics window.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Without touching process memory i cant read precise time, so i get it from sun direction. In interiors there is no sun, so in recent updates i tried to use very old trick by reading sky color and based on it make interpolation between day and night. Not all interiors have sky and not for all weathers sky look the same. There is no other way, only incorrect but close enough time or not time at all, like in earlier versions.
At the night sun is not visible, whole night means darkness. At the day time amount of light depends from angle of sun to ground, i cant just switch to day discretely, it must be lower at sunset and sunrise and maxed at zenith position. If it should be lower than day value of bloom (or any other parameter), what the minimal at sunset/sunrise should be? Fade to zero? No, because at sunrise/sunset everything will be black on screen. Obviously only night parameter is second argument for interpolation.
how can it be that AmountInteriorDay= set to 0.02 while AmountInteriorNight= is set to 0 is less bright than both entries being set to 0.01?
I have no idea about this. Interpolation function is same for all parameters and not just in SSE version. Its explainable only by custom non additive bloom mix or if amount of night is bigger than day for interpolator, f.e. res=(night, day, 0.3). For interiors night is 1.0-day weight, where day weight computed from time detected "Game Time" based on sun direction table. Try do the same test with my official enbbloom.fx and enbeffect.fx files.

Latest 0.325 seem to cause this issue