TES Skyrim SE 0.325

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.325

ENBSeries wrote:SSS in new game is better a little, but its still useless. I just made parameters to make them fit well with that mod link posted by Chavolatra. Yes, i thought about making this effect, but i remember how many fixed did for it in old Skyrim and i dont think can make in this game too, its much more complicated.
Okay cool!
thanks for your work on enbseries its great!

*sensei*

The SSS settings appears to be impacting all other SSS meshes in the game.

I still cannot use the Visualise AO option, so any info on how to use it would be appreciated.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

Ewi
*sensei*

thank you for the update Boris.

Hi Boris,

what exactly is the hardest part of implementing the SSS effect for Skyrim Special Edition?
AFAIK, you need access to the GBuffer and the DepthBuffer to implement the effect and you need to know which things in the GBuffer need SSS (NPC's, Player, Vegetation, Candles). Is figuring out which things need the SSS effect the hardest part?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Depending on the level of approximation you need thickness and infering that from other data if you don't have it is very difficult. Object masking isn't so difficult, as long as the objects have unique shaders rendering to.

Pritster5 wrote:Hi Boris,

what exactly is the hardest part of implementing the SSS effect for Skyrim Special Edition?
AFAIK, you need access to the GBuffer and the DepthBuffer to implement the effect and you need to know which things in the GBuffer need SSS (NPC's, Player, Vegetation, Candles). Is figuring out which things need the SSS effect the hardest part?
I'm pretty sure it's from the number of different shaders in SSE. Not really anything else.

@Boris
I have my own project, but maybe some of it is useful for you (link). I'm rewriting lots of engine code for multithreading/ID3D11CommandList deferred contexts + bug fixes.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

skysan4298
Yes, SSS is global now.
Visualise AO is not working, because i just copied that parameter from older versions and didnt bother to implement code itself.

Pritster5
I can patch shaders to draw sss amount to another g-buffer, but game (same as old skyrim) draw some sss objects together with transparent objects, so i cant apply sss when i apply ssao (before drawing transparent objects), because it will be ugly looking at least for some hairs. To fix that in old skyrim i drawed transparent objects to special mask of transparency and used it as multiplier of sss amount when draw sss after transparent objects. Another thing is that heads of kids and some other meshes have totally different sss parameters and textures compared to body, i patched such shaders individually making fake code to reduce difference as much as possible. I need albedo, which also not simple to draw to g-buffer because of many variations of shaders and in this new engine even more (including parallax and snow), albedo must use tint color of the body and scars/facepaint, i have a fight with these in old skyrim a lot and not fixed, because it works different with custom bodies, even now if you will see facial paint of greeny skin of elf in old skyrim, this paint with sss looks very weird. Don't know, maybe i should try to use mixing without albedo, if it look okay, at least better than zombie's skin. But transparency problem sucks anyway and require lot of time and testing which i dont have.

Marty McFly
Thickness was computed from screen space data and used sss texture (which is buggy as hell and rarely have any link to what it should be).

Nukem9
If you do that, install some grass mods, stand in the area with dense grass and look down or top to the sky, check why performance is so bad (its old skyrim problem, but i'm sure its same in new engine). I know its not about rendering part itself because tried to disable it entirely. Its not okay when game wasting 15ms for such crap, must be some non optimized code for enumerating visible objects or culling them, maybe camera frustum culling is done in recursive and it have negative impact on cache.

@Nukem9

How did you get the source of Skyrim SE? I'm just starting to learn CPP and I'd really like to apply any practice on Skyrim SE.

Pritster5 wrote:@Nukem9

How did you get the source of Skyrim SE? I'm just starting to learn CPP and I'd really like to apply any practice on Skyrim SE.
There is no Skyrim source code. I reverse engineered most of it.

edit:
@Boris
I've even profiled grass rendering with Intel VTune but never found a reason for the low fps....maybe I'll look into it more some day.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Removed last updated subsurface scattering parameters, added new separated for objects, vegetation and eyes. Vegetation sss have limitations and not all grasses and trees work