TES Skyrim SE 0.324

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.324

Ok, thanks for explaining.
I totally understand you, just needed any information regarding water effects. So no hope at all ?
Even partial effects would be better than nothing, i guess... (And sorry for being annoying.)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No effects can be made without touching shaders. I can modify some of them for once certain game video options, but it will be buggy anyway from time to time depending from weather, time of the day or what else game do to switch shaders. I dont know why to do that at all, if old game already have everything.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:I dont know why to do that at all, if old game already have everything.

I agree - the old game has everything.... but these constant CTD-s and much lower framerate are very bad.
I have a system that is more than enough for the old Skyrim (i7 7700K, 32Gb RAM, 1080ti) but the old Skyrim is still slow and unstable.
Skyrim SE is very stable and runs almost twice as fast as the old one.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Skyrim classic for me is running fine these days - as good as it was back on win7. Tried SE a few times and while it can be a bit more stable/faster it isn't worth giving up what SC has. I played classic for over 5 years now and it hasn't changed much - runs just the same as it always had - which has been very playable. Only win10 through a big kink into that and between the MS patch and binary 319 its back to the way it was, for me at least.

Wolfgrim - What patch are talking about? i was unaware that MS patched the problem with memory and 32 bit applications? On windows 10 several months ago I tried Oldrym and couldn't get it to run a for more than 20 minutes with any texture mods installed.

I7 7700K 1080TI 32 GB ram. If I could get Oldrym to be stable I would just sue it as mods plus enb in oldrym still looks better. Otherwise I have gotten my SE edition to look pretty good considering.

*master*

Yes... That issue has been fixed for a while now on the beta builds, and the Fall Creators Update brought the fix to everyone.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wolfgrimdark wrote:Skyrim classic for me is running fine these days - as good as it was back on win7. Tried SE a few times and while it can be a bit more stable/faster it isn't worth giving up what SC has. I played classic for over 5 years now and it hasn't changed much - runs just the same as it always had - which has been very playable. Only win10 through a big kink into that and between the MS patch and binary 319 its back to the way it was, for me at least.

I have a monitor 3840x1600 and i like to turn all settings to maximum. Old Skyrim can not handle this much memory requirements (even with all kinds of patches and stuff). Skyrim SE runs fine. And there is also the Ultrawide screen problem - Skyrim SE can be made to work with it 100% but old Skyrim has some HUD stuff missing even with patches and mods.
Of course - Oldrim could be stable too - with much less mods and lower graphical settings but where is the fun in that ?
Skyrim SE needs less graphical mods to achieve better result compared to Oldrim.

I was also skeptical about the SE at first, but after some time (with more and more mods coming to SE every day) i see now that it is just better. (it's the little things)

*master*

Anubis wrote:Skyrim SE needs less graphical mods to achieve better result compared to Oldrim.
Lol no. There are so many things that Oldrim + ENB does that SSE cannot do. SSS on skin and plants, decent water rendering, shadows on water, SSAO at the same quality of Oldrim ENB to simply name a few. There are loads more. Skyrim SE is nice in it's own way, but it will never be graphically superior to Oldrim + ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TreyM wrote:
Anubis wrote:Skyrim SE needs less graphical mods to achieve better result compared to Oldrim.
Lol no. There are so many things that Oldrim + ENB does that SSE cannot do. SSS on skin and plants, decent water rendering, shadows on water, SSAO at the same quality of Oldrim ENB to simply name a few. There are loads more. Skyrim SE is nice in it's own way, but it will never be graphically superior to Oldrim + ENB.

Well - if you read my previous posts - that's exactly what i am talking about.

But you cannot just compare one game with ENB and the other game without ENB

My point was that SE is better than Oldrim (without ENB)
And that is why it is a good thing to develop ENB for the SE. Because SE has the potential to get better than Oldrim (if both are combined with ENB.)

Even now with the current ENB and some graphical mods my SE looks already better than my Oldrim with very advanced ENB and graphical mods. Just some minor (but noticeable) things are missing (like water effects)

I really wish i could assist in some way.