TES Skyrim SE 0.324

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.324

Are you trying to block the game program from connecting to the internet or trying to block Steam from updating the game program?

If you are trying to block Steam from updating the game, that is very difficult, it's possible but very annoying.

In the past, Steam allowed disabling updates for specific games, so you could keep playing older versions, but a few years ago they changed their policy. Now instead of disabling updates for a game permanently, you can only disable updates for a game until the next time you launch the game. If Steam finds out from the server that there is a game update, it flags that in a manifest file, so even if you disabled updates for SSE or FO4, it will then say "update required" and if you try to launch the game it will instantly update without asking you. And if you switch to Steam offline mode, it won't even allow you to launch the game until you go online and update it (complete BS). You can only play games in offline mode if Steam thinks it's fully updated.

So if you want to play a game without updating, you have to do this:
1) Set the game to disable auto-updates in Steam (to block Steam from instantly updating the game when there's internet connection, until you manually launch game)
2) If Steam has marked a game as "update required", edit the game's state flag in the manifest file so that Steam doesn't know there's an update, then restart in Steam offline mode and play. However, you can only play in offline mode for 1 month (I think) before Steam will demand to go online, and as soon as you go online it will recheck for game updates... so the other option is to set the manifest file to read-only so Steam can't mark the game as needing an update. If you do this, maybe you can block the game update forever, but I haven't tested it personally.

YouTube video that shows how to find a Steam game's manifest file and change the update flag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqhlu6cww8

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, i meant different, but you said extra interesting things which i dont like obviously and hate this unfair modern world. Anyway, i dont want that these new Bethesda games checked internet with their game clubs, slowing down game start and doing something i didnt asked.

Hi Boris. Firstly thanks for the new release and continuing work on SSE.

I was wondering if this type of effect could be possible in SSE ENB?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62509/

Reshade Adaptive fog comes close but it has several limitations, such as being on at night and obscuring the upper sky.

Cheers anyway

I also hate how they handle the creation club updates for FO4 and SSE, but I guess we have to live with it for now. :( You can bypass it by setting steam to just update when launching the game, and then only launch the game through the SKSE64/F4SE launcher.

And thank you so much for the tree reflection fix, now we dont have to wait for Bethesda to fix it (it was reported to them multiple times when they were still patching it). Who am I kidding they would have never fixed it anyway. The screenshot from ewi looks like custom tree LODs, its working fine for me with Skyrim Flora Overhauls LODs.

Ewi
*sensei*

i had forests of dibella installed. now i switched back to SFO and the tree reflections in water are fine.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

rcdcce
Better use mist from old Skyrim mod, i am very unsure about this effect in SSE because it require fixes of transparent objects and its huge amount of work and this engine is not friendly to modding which i do. I even don't know where to put ssao processing to not add bugs for transparent objects (some people remember bloody eyes bug produced by ssil and it is still here).

Ewi
You can ask author to check if far distant trees have same properties as vanilla ones or if they have alpha channel 0 where it should be masked (most likely author did that alpha test above 0).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank you Boris for the ENB series and all the hard work you have done !
This is the main reason for me and countless others to play Skyrim - Bethesda should pay you a lot. :D

Regarding latest ENB, everything is working ok for me. As i see it - it is almost perfect.
Only things i am missing are Water effects (caustics, transparency etc.) Any hope on these ?
After that the old Skyrim would be obsolete. :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
Game uses around 2000 shaders for water, i cant patch manually them and doubt that automatic patching will work. SSE version will never be as good as for old Skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Anubis
Game uses around 2000 shaders for water, i cant patch manually them and doubt that automatic patching will work. SSE version will never be as good as for old Skyrim.

That is sad to hear. Transparency and caustics combined took away those awful blocky edges from water shorelines.

Can i help somehow ? I do not know much of patching shaders but i can learn and do some kind of annoying work maybe ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope, its too much boring and complicated task.