Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

I just got the complete bundle for FNV - played it when first came out before I used mods or ENB and never did the DLC. Got it all running and now working on ENB stuff.

Are they any good DOF shaders for FNV someone can recommend? I have a very old one from Matso. And I miss my GUI controls.

Only just got it all working a short while ago - took 3 days :p

Anyhow using a preset based on 216 and working on upgrading it to 322 and thought I would ask quick :)

EDIT: NM - good ole Soulwynd had a highly customizable DOF for FNV which I just got working so yay!

Wolf, Jays ENB has a decent, customisable DoF.
You can find it in his preset on the Nexus.

@Boris, is it possible you could make it so that the fire parameters also affect the torch fires found in place like Cottonwood Cove in FNV and some tribal habitats at Zion in Honest Hearts. If you’re not sure where I mean I can send save games and screenshots etc. It’d be nice for the fire parameters to affect them too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know where is it and i fear it is impossible from my side, properties of particles must be changed to same as fire. Problem similar to Skyrim, where particle patch helps a lot.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added UseENBoostWithoutGraphics parameter to enblocal.ini to disable graphics changes and be able to use antialiasing.

*sensei*

I'm hoping that anyone here can help me out, currently making some trees for Honest Hearts and retexing the entire dlc, but i ran into a strange problem today, ENB DOF forgets one specific tree i made with object depth sorting, resulting in that tree wherever it stands sometimes being half blurred by dof that should be much further away.

I made a bunch of trees, the earlier ones i made by injecting obj files into the nif files with nifskope, but the last one, the one that makes trouble with ENB dof i made with 3DS Max and exported it with the nif plugin into a nif file, i checked the nif thouroughly if there was anything depth related there, some kind of flag that tells the engine to render it earlier then it should be rendered, but found nothing, so i thought let's ask here, cause there are a lot of knowledgable people here.

you can see the tree being blurred where the sky is, and the tree in the background but not so far is should be blurred, all my other trees don't do that, anyone knows if there is something in a nif file i should set so it behaves with ENB ?

click image for big view.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know what parameters can be edited in nif, but this kind of bug is usually the same type - when alpha blending enabled (usually srcblend=srcalpha5, destblend=invsrcalpha6) and z write is disabled. Very common that old engines do so when enable sorting of transparent objects, because they assume that sorting enabled to avoid bugs, which occur if you activate depth write. Using non alpha blend mode with alpha test enabled and zwrite enabled dont need any sorting, but of course it cant simulate antialiased edges. Alpha blend with alpha test and sorting from back to front may fix most of issues, but still not perfect (guess good enough for leaves in such game).

*sensei*

settings are all the same, if i compare this to nifs that do OK, there is no difference in shader and alpha blend settings, i tried different settings before i asked ofcourse.

3dsmax nif plugin must mess some stuff up i can't see in nifskope, probably a "unknown" flag (that the authors of nifskope couldn't figure out).
i'll go and check again, this particulair tree is making me quite mad..

EDIT: Hah, you where right, alpha mode was at blending and alpha test mode was set to Greater or Equal, and it is supposed to be at Greater...Thanks Boris !!
I must have been very tired yesterday that i didn't see that..

now i only need to figure out why vertex colors come out so dark from Maya to 3dsMax

*sensei*

Would it be possible to get a replacement for the New Vegas' GetTickCount()? The New Vegas Stutter Remover has a replacement for it, but it's royally fucked; it has a bug where the hands of the player and NPCs will either become crushed, or really big.

I remember you looked into it for Skyrim, but found no benefit of replacing the timer. But it has a pronounced effect on New Vegas, as well as Oblivion.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not a problem, but if the bug occurs after replacement, then it will appear also if i do this.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Not a problem, but if the bug occurs after replacement, then it will appear also if i do this.
That being said, NVSR is broken, so it could very well be a bug with that mod rather than the timer replacement.