Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

Dithering is already applied? Yeah now that I look at it, it does look worse in vanilla. Shame.

*sensei*

Boris, i have a problem, maybe you know what's wrong.

I updated from a NVidia GTX 1060 to a GTX 1080 and ENB is no longer working, as in, ENB will load and start, and only your light/color processing (but NOT postprocessing fx !) is there, every other .fx file is no longer doing anything, switching the total effect by using "use effect" toggle only shows a minor difference in lighting, nothing else, no Bloom, no DOF, no Edge AA, no AO, nothing..

Drivers of both cards are the same, but i cleanly removed the older drivers and upgraded to the latest (2 versions newer) from NVidia, dont think that is the problem.

Game recreated the Renderer.txt and Ini files with vanilla default ini files, all good.

Only thing that has changed is hardware, i don't have any crapware or overlay's running.

It just stopped working, i deleted my config, cleaned it all out and just copied your standard files to my gamedir, same story, loading but no graphic enhancing going on, only different directional light it seems, nothing more.
I tried the injector version, the exe file doesn't detect FalloutNV.exe running, so it doesn't fire the injector version up on gameload.

This is all with the latest version of ENB 322, or with the GTX 1080 if you will.

Going to try Skyrim, see if it works there, and try some older New Vegas ENB files. (i kept most of them in backup)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe you forgot to enable hdr in game video setting? I dont know any other reason, except all kind of crapware. Hope you removed geforce experience. Also better not install latest drivers, its very common that drivers become buggy if they released for new videocard on the market, so starting from gtx2080 every driver with it's support must be avoided for older videocards. Usually things change for nvidia after 0.5-1.5 years since new hardware out. Also if you are using win10, i cant give any advice at all.

*sensei*

I always have HDR enabled.
i do use the 4.16 drivers, they are not the latest.
i try different drivers and stuff when i suspect the driver may be bad, but NVidia's drivers are usually more reliable then AMD it seems, cause the last two drivers i had where very stable with all games.

Weird, after i recreated the fallout.ini files again, first postprocessing started working, i even had the wrong resolution and AA and AF enabled in the launcher,
but AO and DOF and so on still didn't work.

So i decided to correct all the settings of the game again, and set the right resolution, started the game and suddenly everything works again !

Must be some bug with settings of the game not being applied properly, cause i know exactly what values i'm setting after years of configuring ENB, i use either FOMM or the launchers options themselves, and check in my ini files if it changed, it did everytime. And they are currently the exact same settings as i had before...weird..
I can only suspect the game not applying some settings until they where switched off and on again, can't think of anything else.
(the game auto-configured my game for "LOW" settings...LOL..i can play this game in 4K)

Anyway, i solved it, everything works again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh, this is weird behavior. Well, glad you make it, less headache for me :D

*sensei*

Boris, it is possible to include weathers in a textfile yes ?
How does that work, is there a manual for that ?

Also, right now you derive Night/Day from Horizongradient if i remember correctly.
This does kinda present Weather mods with a problem, cause usually horizons are brighter at night, throwing of ENB detection.
Look at Vanilla game for example, some weathers have very bright night horizons.

It would be preferable to take the top gradient or the sunlight factor.
Top gradients are mostly black/low values at night, and so are sunlight values
If you ever edit the ENB again in the future, would you consider changing that ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, time of the day is captured from background clear color. I dont know which color is it by the game setting.
Weathers cant be assigned, because there is no plugin for multiple weather system and i will not do multiple weathers for Fallout NV/3, because core of the mod is very old and too many things must be changed to support weathers.

*sensei*

Oh, i didn't ask for the weather list to be made, just if it existed, if not, no problem.
Just thought that if it was possible, could be handy.

That's weird, cause i changed Horizon color and ENB starts behaving with night/day.
I wouldn't know what background clear color would be in-game, if anyone knows, please let me know.
I do vaguely remember you telling me this before, also remember that i did find it back then, but forgot it.
So the information must still be on the forum, cause i usually come back to say what it was.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe game clear background the same color as horizon color, dont know.

*sensei*

Might very well be, i'll check it out, it is the "floor" color that you can see when you go under the terrain with TCL right ?