Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

ENBSeries wrote:How to make equal properties to bring same fire shader - dont know. Try to compare parameters in nif (tech flags maybe) and set the same.
I tried comparing parameters yesterday and like @Xilandro said, I deduced it was a regular mesh because it did not have NiParticleSystem for the flame.
I was looking at a way of reverse engineering the neoclassicalsconcefire01.nif found in Gomorrah in order to apply 'Fire' to the oasistorch.

After trying for literally hours yesterday, I managed to speak with Weijiesen on Discord.
He fixed the mesh in under 2 minutes (!!!) to make it react as fire - he didn't tell me or show me how he did it, though. Goddamn him! :lol:

Would it be possible to add in a brightness filter that could have various settings based on time of day? It seems the whole time of day framework is already implemented.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm having difficulty balancing my personal preset - I can get both night and day to look good but because ambient lighting doesn't affect water the bodies of water ingame glow at night.

Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i cant do much now, having personal life problems which are not compatible with modding. Also i planned not touch Fallout3/NV any more.

No problem, best of luck!

*sensei*

Well thanks for all you have done, i couldn't play the games without ENB anymore.

By the way, i seem to have fixed the terrain rendering issues for Fallout 3 and NV with and Without ENB.
Normal mapping and vertex color rendering finally looks like it should.

I was fixing rocks up, making proper UV's for them and made a super high res rock texture and stumbled into a seemingly nasty problem.
The game uses texturesets, all texturesets that can be found in the esm are probably rendered in a single pass, but there are also meshes that refer to texturesets that are not there in the esm file, so i assumed (from my experience with Unity) that these texturesets the rocks refer to in the nif files are created at runtime, and logic suggests that these texturesets on rock would be rendered in a different pass, this would probably mean that all lights and shadows have to be rendered again to hurting performance, but that aside, i disabled all references in the nif files to these runtime texturesets, and all shading errors are completely gone, normal maps render exceptionally well, even without ENB (vanilla they where hardly noticable, now it looks superb) vertex colors on rocks and terrain are beautiful, there are no blending errors with terrain textures when detailed shadows are enabled, no weird shading issues with terrain quad rendering (which normally happens when adjacent quads doesn't have the same texture as it's neighbour and that texture that one cell doesn't have is being painted at the cell border, what happens in vanilla without ENB, also with ofcourse), and my fps skyrocketed, i no longer have any dips whatsoever, some places in the game (FO3) always had fps issues at certain points no matter how fast your pc is, thatis all completely gone.

I will try and see if it works the same for Fallout New Vegas, but i suspect it will, Fallout 3 is absolutely gorgeous now.

Maybe some things i say aren't entirely correct, but i'm guessing i'm close, i'm not a technical as you, so you might have a better idea as to what exactly is going on.

Hey Marcus,

that's an interesting find, sir. I've been making an 'ENB particle patch' of sorts (see my previous posts) for Fallout: New Vegas, which should work with FO3 for the most part seeing as they're using the same assets.
Weijiesen has helped me a little bit, but it should be ready soon enough. I'm looking at it being an ENB community collaboration as opposed to just a personal mod. Something we could all benefit from.
These nifs you speak of that have references disabled and which essentially fix the shading errors do fit the general scope of the patch I'm trying to make.
Would you like to discuss merging our fixes together and releasing them like, for example, the Skyrim particle patch for ENB? I have edited a total of 273 (and counting) meshes thus far.

*sensei*

EDIT: what i said before was complete nonsense, i just messed up texturelinks from nifskope to a gameform, i now fixed that and it looks even better then before.
Last edited by Marcurios on 24 Jan 2018, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

EDIT: removed comment.

*sensei*

Question, are there any special settings for NVidia vidcards that i need to know of that will make Fallout 3/New Vegas run ok on a GTX 1060 6GB with ENB ?
I just bought a 1060 to replace my power hungry AMD R9 290x 8GB, but man i'm dissapointed by the performance, every test on the entire internet says the 1060 is slightly faster then the R9 290x, but my r9 does 60fps all the time, it never goes under 60fps..ever, but the 1060 runs at 25~50, it's feels like everyone has been Lying on the net, i tried numerous settings in the NVidia control panel, tried many different combinations of settings in enblocal.ini, can't get it to run at a stable 60fps.
So that card as it looks now is twice as slow as my old Radeon card, anyone knows what this can be ?

I can't believe that card can't run a 2008 game in 60fps 1920x1080 with only a few mods..it's just silly..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

r290x is 512 bit, while gtx1060 is 192 bit. Number of shader units twice bigger in AMD card. Some other important specs too. It cant be slower than gtx1060 because of pure power without optimizations and drivers it is much faster.