Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.322

Version updated, download again
Added stutter fix parameter to enblocal.ini, which is requested replacement of high precision timer. Any bug reports with this thing enabled are ignored, i cant do anything, especially with crapware running.

*sensei*

You're the best, thanks man.

Boris, thank you very much for this update - wasn't expecting it at all.

New Vegas is alive and well. Too much to ask for weatherlist and editing the individual sky layer colours like we can in Skyrim or will it never happen? :D

@FiftyTifty, It's actually Windows 10 that fucked NVSR. NVSR just hasn't been updated to co-inside with the changes in Anniversary, Creators and Fall Creators updates. My performance in FNV with Windows 10 and a 1080Ti is worse than it was 4 years ago on my XFX7980. Ridiculous. I'm switching back to Windows 7 - and using Windows 10 LTSB for none DX9 game (dual OS boot)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

OrmrSnaethorsen
For me all weathers look the same in these games - brown. And i dont have much time for no very popular games because of life problems, strange that i keep making mods yet.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:OrmrSnaethorsen
For me all weathers look the same in these games - brown. And i dont have much time for no very popular games because of life problems, strange that i keep making mods yet.
Oh, New Vegas still has some life in it yet. TTW 3.0 is coming out soon, now that Zilav is creating a new installer for the update. Plenty of users are hyped up in the forum threads.

On a different note, are there any good books or tutorials you'd recommend, for learning how to make shader mods for other games? Namely, getting the HDR frame and applying custom HLSL code before it is turned into an LDR frame buffer.

Hi, I'm having an issue with my ENB setup. ENB is not properly detecting whether I'm in an interior or exterior - when I'm in the wastes only the interior ENB settings are applied. How does interior/exterior detection work, and how can I fix this? As far as I know in Fallout 4 the interiors are flagged via the creation kit, but I don't think there is an equivalent for Fallout 3/NV.

Edit: I fixed it by reverting from the 3.0 shader package. Not sure what this actually entails; what's the difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 shaders? I tried searching online but it seems not many people know

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

FiftyTifty
I dont know any books. And im done with Fallout 3/NV modding, its wasting time for me.

chiknnwatrmln
Usually no sky means interior in all my mods. And sky detected by hash of shader.

I'm attempting to make a little particle patch for Fallout New Vegas so that all meshes (and not just the majority of them) are reacting properly to the new parameters. Fixing remaining lights to work with light emitters is easy, but fixing one of the fire particles to act as the rest of the fire particle emitters is proving to be very difficult.

Code: Select all

meshes\clutter\oasis\oasistorch01.nif
This mesh has a flame on it, but it cannot be changed with the new 'Fire Emitter' setting. Are you able to add this to the Fire Emitter 'list'? I've tried to edit the mesh in several ways. Even tried changing the String in the header in case ENB was searching for 'Fire' in the string. I couldn't find a solution, though.

In testing, I've maxed out the Fire Emitters and Light Emitters. It does not affect the flame. However, if I increase the Particle Emitter, the smoke from the flame intensifies.

I know you feel as though you're wasting time on this, Boris, but there are still a lot of people using New Vegas - even more so than Skyrim Special Edition. It's the 3rd largest community on the Nexus and huge mods are still being made for it to this day. I'd really like to address the issue in my particle patch, but I'm not sure how the ENB is distinguishing what is fire emitter and what is not.

Any help would be appreciated.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shaders are detected as fire, so you need to set properties of object the same as fire have. Im sure this one you asking have just usual shader which i cant set as fire, because there are many non fire objects too. How to make equal properties to bring same fire shader - dont know. Try to compare parameters in nif (tech flags maybe) and set the same.

*sensei*

@ OrmrSnaethorsen
Flame in oasistorch01 is not a NiParticleSystem (smoke, on the other hand, is). It's a regular mesh, NiTriStips. And "flame" is just an animated texture on that mesh.