TES Skyrim SE 0.320

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.320

Here's ~16k of the shaders. Maybe they'll be useful for someone else, but I need to fix a few things and it will be a couple days.
Link

Todo:
- Samplers
- Fix Utility/Lighting/Effects/... bugs
- ImageSpace

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, if you can get names of samplers/textures (shader names, not file names, for example SubSurfaceSampler), it would be great. If you also find names for technique flags, write them too. I'll wait several days before starting to write parser of these, just in case you change something.

*sensei*

Just a small update on the sky bug... I disabled all mods, removing stray files from the data folder, and started a new game. After some trial and error it turns out that there are only a few weathers causing this, and they seem specific to Solstheim (Dragonborn DLC). Specifically:

DLC02VolcanicAsh01 [WTHR:04018471]
DLC02VolcanicAsh02 [WTHR:04031AC0]
DLC02VolcanicAsh01_A [WTHR:040374B8]
DLC02VolcanicAsh02_A [WTHR:040374B9]

You can type for example fw 04018471 in the console to set these (might need to change 04 to the order of your Dragonborn.esm if different).

I looked at them and while they do use their own unique image space, I could not see any values different from weathers that work that should be causing it. It also didn't seem related to any combination of the cloud textures they use. I could of course be missing something totally obvious!

If I go to Raven Rock (starting point in Solstheim) where these weathers normally happen, and type fw 81a in the console (default Skyrim clear weather) it works with no glitch, so it seems related to the weather itself not the area. Same goes for the other way around setting these 4 problem weathers in other areas causes the glitch.

I don't know if these are the only 4 weathers that cause the problem, but they are the ones you pretty much see all the time in Solstheim so anyone playing through Dragonborn content will probably run into this.

If anyone else wants to help dig into what is up with these specific weathers that would be awesome because I'm running out of things to try. :p

Another small questions.
Is there a enb setting to prevent black grass at night?

I know the grass shadders are to blame but is there a night setting for grass brightness?

pralima87

For now I think you'll have to do some tweaking on each weather with xEdit for that, nights will be crazy bright if you raise Ambient Light on ENB until the grass is better lit.

What weather mod do you use, if you do?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

pralima87
I don't know what to do with grass actually, its buggy from the time of old skyrim. Its brightness is set totally wrong, shadows not fully applied, but transparent for grass, so to fix that i make it work the same way as other objects, but it do not change problem that grass itself is darker, because as object it do not use the same lighting math as everything else, no directional ambient at all, just one ambient value.

Phinix
Thanks for digging, i can see the bug now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix
Well, its a weather bug, it values produce negative output, so pow operation of negative argument gives that artifact. Fixed, will be released as update soon.

*sensei*

Awesome, glad I could help. I will be looking forward to it, thanks!

Dante_Draven wrote: What weather mod do you use, if you do?
I actually use none.
IMO all weather mods make the dark grass issue even worse on dark nights.
I go with Vanilla + Vivid Clouds and Fogs + Morning Fogs + True Storms.
ENBSeries wrote: just one ambient value
So just ambient light.
Raising that will make nights really bright and weird ;D

*master*

Grass: as object it do not use the same lighting math as everything else, no directional ambient at all, just one ambient value.
boris
Maybe it's possible to get directional ambient values, calculate an average of it that can be added to the current ambient value grass has? NewGrassAmbient = GrassAmbient * DirectAmbientAverage
Maybe even make a new category for tweaking grass values or curves or something in enbseries.ini (which could then be used later on for per-weather control, too. if there wil be a working plugin through SKSE)