TES Skyrim SE 0.320

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.320

Bug with stars still exists in latest version, tested with and without 64 bit render targets.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, i'll try again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No idea how to install that PNENB.bsa, i don't know how game sky should look like compared to yours, except what i see in the extracted textures and don't know how to see mods used by game (in mods of game main menu loaded mods are empty if i put file in Data or Mods folder). I tried to load these textures directly to stars shader and do not see such problems, except buggy edges of geometry. Checked shader, it is exactly the same as original, except two operations added by me, i do not modify render states also. No idea how to test this to have a bug.

*sensei*

SE uses a different format BSA so you'd have to extract them first. I can't remember if that file has the galaxy AND the star image I use though, so I made a new link:

Sky textures.

You should be able to unzip that file to your Skyrim SE Data folder and not have to mess with BSA archives at all. It contains the galaxy image and the star map image. I think it might actually be the star map causing the problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Looks totally fine for me and i do see new textures. It can be driver bug, unless other users have this problem too. I can give a test which have code which cut off negative values, cause what you show on screenshots looks like negative (but textures don't have negative in color and in alpha, i checked. Test attach

EDIT: file deleted

*sensei*

Tested, and no change. I also tried resetting my SkyrimPrefs.ini just for the heck of it.

I am using NVIDIA driver 387.92. I'd be interested to see if anyone else is seeing this as I would revert to an older version if it turned out to be an NVIDIA bug. I may try that anyway in the meantime.

Thanks for checking things out on your end. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe you are using ReShade or some crapware? Did you try to not install that textures and bug do not appear (it must not be because of textures, they even not hdr format)?

*sensei*

Yes, same problem with vanilla sky textures. Also no Reshade or anything at all running...

Something that just occurred to me is it could be shader values going out of range due to a weather mod (I use Climates of Tamriel).

I remember a bug from the old Skyrim with the word walls (where you learn a shout from the glowing words on the wall) that ENB would cause the bright words and particles streaming from them to invert their colors.

This turned out to be due to a contrast value set in the CK being over a certain number (1.3 if I remember). I suppose it could be possible that some shader/register value related to weather could be causing the same sort of thing to happen here with the sky?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know, stars shader do use constants of course, but they can't affect image much unless negative (and i tested negative clamped, you still have bug). Try to remove all mods and check if issue occurs, simply make copy of the game and delete everything non game related in Data folder. If bug dissapear, copy mods partially and test again. I can make a test without my variables, but it's ridiculous, pow and * can't do this, i use them too long time:

Code: Select all

r0 = Texture0.Sample(Sampler0, v1.xy);
	r0.w = v2.w * r0.w;
	r0.xyz = v2.xyz * r0.xyz + cb0[0].y;
	r0.xyz=pow(r0.xyz, ParamsArray01[0].y); //enb stars curve
	r0.xyz*=ParamsArray01[0].x; //enb stars intensity
	o0.xyz = 1.5 * r0.xyz;
	o0.w = v1.z * r0.w;
//	o0.w = max(v1.z * r0.w, 0.0); //this was tested, still bug occurs

Holy smokes, with this new version we can fix the dreaded "weather mod made clouds look horribly blown" side effect, I can actually see them again !

Not to mention being able to work on direct/indirect lighting without altering each weather !

Thank you so very much, Boris !