TES Skyrim SE 0.320

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.320

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with stars of some weather types. If you find something similar, report please, cause it's issue of the weather setup which produce negative results and shaders must be patched to avoid it.

Grass darkness depends much from Curve parameter for directional light, as i see. Don't remember well now, but in old skyrim grass didn't have normals at all or their direction was to the sky top vector. I tried to mix captured directional ambient, it works in some way, but everybody knows that fix gives not well looking grass anyway. What i see now is definetly differ from old skyrim shaders of grass, because two grass types were buggy, now i see only one, probably solutions should be different.

*sensei*

There is a way for grass to have ambient lighting, but it's not proper lighting. Might be of some use? In a grass record, there is a Vertex Lighting toggle: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Grass

"Vertex Lighting: Specifies that the selected grass object will use the terrain geometry lighting normal directly below the grass object to modulate its lighting."

Talk about unintuitive language.

I always have a mod that enables it, in all of the TES and Fallout games. Makes the grass look much better.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No idea, but grass do use vertex lighting already by default, it do not have normals, so computation done in vertex shader instead of pixel.

*sensei*

@FiftyTifty

I use Verdant combined with my own conversion of Tamriel Flora Overhaul lower in the list. I made a custom patch for both, and on all the grass set the toggle (I believe) you are referring to:

In-game however, when I equip my torch or activate Quick Light there is still no illumination change on the grass, with the exception of some very small tufts very rarely encountered which I believe are from the original game. I am assuming this is the same for ambient/sunlight.

Is it possible that something needs editing on the .NIF file itself in Nifskope in addition to the above change to make it work?

*sensei*

Phinix wrote:@FiftyTifty

I use Verdant combined with my own conversion of Tamriel Flora Overhaul lower in the list. I made a custom patch for both, and on all the grass set the toggle (I believe) you are referring to:

In-game however, when I equip my torch or activate Quick Light there is still no illumination change on the grass, with the exception of some very small tufts very rarely encountered which I believe are from the original game. I am assuming this is the same for ambient/sunlight.

Is it possible that something needs editing on the .NIF file itself in Nifskope in addition to the above change to make it work?
It doesn't have light sources affect the grass, unfortunately. What it does do, is allow the grass to change in brightness with the ambient and/or direct lighting (can't remember which), so it looks much less awful.

In SkyrimPrefs.ini, does adding bGrassPointLighting=1 to the [Grass] section have any effect?

*sensei*

I tested adding that setting and it doesn't make torches effect grass.

I also have bShadowsOnGrass=1 in the [Display] section and it doesn't seem to do much either. O.o

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fixing light on grass cost performance and in old skyrim i can do this, in new very much doubt that.

edit: I was wrong, assembly is messed up :\

Here's an example of the tech names I found:

Code: Select all

// Lighting
// TechniqueID: 0x5524407
//
// Technique: 0Sh0_Vc_Sk_Msn_Sss_DfSh_Aspc_Atest_FacegenRGBTint

#define VC 
#define SKINNED 
#define MODELSPACENORMALS 
#define SOFT_LIGHTING 
#define DEFSHADOW 
#define AMBIENT_SPECULAR 
#define DO_ALPHA_TEST 
#define CHARACTER_LIGHT 
#define FACEGEN_RGB_TINT 

// Dynamic buffer: Size = 48 (0x30)
cbuffer PerGeometry : register(b0)
{
}

// Dynamic buffer: Size = 240 (0xF0)
cbuffer PerMaterial : register(b1)
{
}

// Dynamic buffer: Size = 480 (0x1E0)
cbuffer PerTechnique : register(b2)
{
}

// UNDEFINED PARAMETER: Index: 15 Offset: 0x0000 Name: SplitDistance
// UNDEFINED PARAMETER: Index: 18 Offset: 0x0000 Name: AmbientColor
Last edited by Nukem9 on 03 Nov 2017, 22:06, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Im curious about another thing. What the heck they used to compile shaders, so some of them have null as output or arguments of instructions.

ENBSeries wrote:Im curious about another thing. What the heck they used to compile shaders, so some of them have null as output or arguments of instructions.
I think they are bugs or for D3D11 compute shaders. ISDownsampleIgnoreBrightest PS/VS.hlsl <-> ISDownsampleIgnoreBrightestCS CS.hlsl

Another bug I saw:

Code: Select all

vertexShaderBuffer = D3DDevice->Map(** VertexShaderCBuffer **)

v31 = (DWORD *)(vertexShaderBuffer + 4 * pixelShader_constants[7]);

Float4Copy(v31, &v47);