TES Skyrim 0.318

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.318

Two videos from me, the right top corner Steam fps counter, Nvidia shadow play shows the same, but can not be recorded :

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So weird...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

With newest released version (not test) I have no stuttering with AutoAmbient enabled or not. Not sure why I don't have stuttering if everyone else does. I played the game for several hours yesterday and I had no problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

O.K. I will reinstall the game (no mods, default inis) update the drivers, and I repeat the tests. Maybe my game is broken. But when I use the 0.315 version, everything is o.k.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dont need to reinstall anything (it will change nothing), i almost finished new test.

ENBSeries wrote:Grubbermeister
Everything seems as benhat said. Ambient setting of [environment] are blended with [autoambient] if value of BlendingAmount*** is below 1. TopIntensity is color from sky (like IBL), BottomIntensity is color and intensity of direct light (sun or invisible moon).

benhat
1) it works differently, not like i did color filters later. Sadly, i not bothered to check if all names are the same for parameter, now i not sure should i break old presets with new changes or not. DirectLightingColorFilterAmount is selector, kinda blending in [newambient], while color filter is always applied, but if DirectLightingColorFilterAmount=0, then color filter is applied to color of light, while if DirectLightingColorFilterAmount=1 then color of sun is ignored and set to white, plus intensity and color filter. On practice now it's very confusing, but if i change this to more logical, then intensity of sun =1 vs original intensity will make huge difference for presets. Maybe i can fix this if leave old version on site like last one not requiring changes of presets. Better ask other modders what they think, change or not.
2) No top saturation, it's against logic, because top color is sky with clouds color, it is light and it's color and must be equal. Bottom color is sun reflected color and depending from surface color and darkness it can change, saturation is simpler and faster implementation of curve (pow), if you have light yellow from sun and white snow, then bottom will be almost same as sun color. If you have yellow sun and yellow sand, then bottom color will be less intense and more saturated cause of yellow*yellow is more orange, that's why saturation factor added. When (if) i'll make voxels to world, i can do the color calculation automatically, but this autoambient is a hint which replace issues of making per weather and per time of the day the same thing.
Thanks, Boris (and again to benhat for the help). I was apparently in "Thickie Mode" earlier...

As with Jafin16, no issues with stutter/frame skip for me (regardless whether or not AutoAmbient is enabled) but I do have the FPS limiter enabled and set to 30 (also WaitBusyRenderer set to "true"), which seems to fall in line with Guzio's observation with capping the FPS. Is your frame rate capped as well, Jafin16?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Too late :(
Holy, sh..t. I forgot how ugly this game is without all those mods :)
New and shiny version directly from Steam, only a two mods, Verdant Grrass and Skyrim Flora,to achieve satisfactory low performance, new drivers, old bugs with 0.318.

Edit: As Grubbermeister wrote, when WaitBusyRenderer is set to "true", no problems with losing frames.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added [characterglow] category for controlling glow when some spells applied. Increased performance when automatic ambient computation is used.
This is very tricky way, guess i'm the only pervert in the world doing it. But at least it should not slow down. Report results please.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just don't know what to say :(
It works, but only with EnableVSync=false in the enblocal.in and iPresentInterval=1 in the SkyriPrefs.ini. If EnableVSync is set to true and iPresentInterval=0 I can see a flickering of ambient lighting but no frame skipping. Tested with my preset and with the default one. With WaitBusyRender on, everything is O.K.
It's late night, more tests tommorow.

*sensei*

I too saw stutter when fps was above 50fps to 60fps with the autoAmbient was enabled.
I found on my GTX 1070 was the driver might have been throttling when I had the driver's
Power management mode to Optimal. When I set it to Prefer maximum performance, the stutter gone.
Skyrim shadow calculation is still done on CPU, so GPU usage can drop below 50% which the driver would throttle.
The latest ENB had more fps boost like additional 10% (+5fps) when I tested on the cow tamriel 0,-15 location. No fps performance drop when the autoAmbient is enabled or not.
I have EnableVSync=true, iPresentInterval=1, and Driver vSync is set to use app setting.
When I had 2 AMD r9 380 xfired, I had the flickering and frame skipping issue, and I had to set VSyncSkipNumFrame value to a higher than 0 until no flicker when going back to 0.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE