TES Skyrim 0.318

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.318

Version updated, download again
Fixed framerate issues (i hope so). Increased performance of skylighting effect and some cost of quality. Now please check if things work right.

Jafin16
Yes, it's optimal, but if you do have enough vram, otherwise ram to vram transfering reduce performance, but not very much on practice, everybody live fine from old times with this way of shared memory.

ENBSeries wrote:Version updated, download again
Fixed framerate issues (i hope so). Increased performance of skylighting effect and some cost of quality. Now please check if things work right.
Thank ye kindly, sir! Looking forward to giving this latest version a go in a wee bit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Ok, thanks for the info.

As for the performance, it seems totally fixed for me. Now I'm gonna go test out how the lighting looks. Thank you for your continued support of this game!

EDIT: The new directional ambient looks fantastic!

No stuttering issues for me, as well, and everything else looked good upon doing a quick run through Skyrim. Really like the auto ambient function! When EnableAutomaticAmbientCalculation is set to "true" under [Effect], do the settings in [AutoAmbient] override/disable the ambient settings under [Environment]? Wasn't absolutely certain if it did or not when I was fiddling with the values under both sections.

*master*

@Grubbermeister
the first value of"blend" defines mix percentage of AutoAmbient vs normal AmbientLighting values you can set manually in enbseries/weather. It overrides AmbientColorfilterRGB value completely though, no matter what, for example. So you have to use DirectlightingColorfilterRGB and SlyGradientColorfilterRGB (for shadows) to influence colors for example (and other values, i haven't tested everything...)

benhat wrote:@Grubbermeister
the first value of"blend" defines mix percentage of AutoAmbient vs normal AmbientLighting values you can set manually in enbseries/weather. It overrides AmbientColorfilterRGB value completely though, no matter what, for example. So you have to use DirectlightingColorfilterRGB and SlyGradientColorfilterRGB (for shadows) to influence colors for example (and other values, i haven't tested everything...)
Ok, cool. Ta for the explanation, benhat!

*master*

boris
if AutoAmbient disabled -> DirectlightingColorfilterRGB should have no effect with DirectLightingColorFilterAmount set to 0, and DirectLightingDesaturation set to 0, right? It does change RGB regardless of Amount/Desaturation at the moment. I am not sure how it is supposed to work! So just asking.
And it looks like DirectLightingColorFilterAmount and DirectLightingDesaturation only influence "Lightness" Value of Color and not RGB (with AutoAmbient enable or disable, doesn't matter)

I also played around with various values
For AutoAmbient to get desired results for me i set: (good test is at coc riverwood and directly in front at the entrance to riverwood, big open doorway with stonewall on right side, so you can see where sun colors should be and where shadow colors should be. gametime 8 hours, fw 81a, and i set DirectlightingColorfilterRGB to 0/255/0 green and Gradient/Clouds RGB to 0/0/255 blue)
BlendingAmount = 0.6
TopIntensity = 1.0
BottomIntensity = 0.3
BottomSaturation = 0.6
TopIntensity controls shadows more, and BottomIntensity/Saturation controls sun areas more. (in this case)

So it would be nice to have TopSaturation Control, too. I can control sunny areas with DirectlightingColorfilterRGB or Bottomsaturation, they have no visible effect on other things. But if i can only control shadow colors with Clouds/Gradient RGB, that does not work out, because Clouds/Gradient will look wrong.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Grubbermeister
Everything seems as benhat said. Ambient setting of [environment] are blended with [autoambient] if value of BlendingAmount*** is below 1. TopIntensity is color from sky (like IBL), BottomIntensity is color and intensity of direct light (sun or invisible moon).

benhat
1) it works differently, not like i did color filters later. Sadly, i not bothered to check if all names are the same for parameter, now i not sure should i break old presets with new changes or not. DirectLightingColorFilterAmount is selector, kinda blending in [newambient], while color filter is always applied, but if DirectLightingColorFilterAmount=0, then color filter is applied to color of light, while if DirectLightingColorFilterAmount=1 then color of sun is ignored and set to white, plus intensity and color filter. On practice now it's very confusing, but if i change this to more logical, then intensity of sun =1 vs original intensity will make huge difference for presets. Maybe i can fix this if leave old version on site like last one not requiring changes of presets. Better ask other modders what they think, change or not.
2) No top saturation, it's against logic, because top color is sky with clouds color, it is light and it's color and must be equal. Bottom color is sun reflected color and depending from surface color and darkness it can change, saturation is simpler and faster implementation of curve (pow), if you have light yellow from sun and white snow, then bottom will be almost same as sun color. If you have yellow sun and yellow sand, then bottom color will be less intense and more saturated cause of yellow*yellow is more orange, that's why saturation factor added. When (if) i'll make voxels to world, i can do the color calculation automatically, but this autoambient is a hint which replace issues of making per weather and per time of the day the same thing.

*master*

1) It is ok then. Don't change it.
2) ok. I have to play around a bit more and see. Thanks for the explanation

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In the new version, no frame skipping when the AutomaticAmbientCalculation is off. When is on, and the framerate is high (50-60fps) also almost no frames are dropped, but when the framerate is low, something around 30-35fps, it's the same thing as before. If I limit the frame rate to 30, everything looks o.k. Can anyone confirm this ? Maybe I should reinstall the game.
No matter if I use my preset or the default one, when I turn on AutomaticAmbientCalculation I got frame skipping, SLI is off, not too old graphic drivers (version 375.70). :(

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram