TES Skyrim SE 0.310

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.310

boris
The updating .exe is something SKSE also has to fight with, and people just use the last valid .exe from a backup. It works, and no one complains.
Very simple solution: Just do an ENB update, whenever SKSE does one. FO4 i would of course do the same thing. People can only use this specific .exe anyway because of SKSE.
And no one gives a shit about Creation Club features. (maybe if there is a really!! good mod maybe it is worth updating ENB... but look at FO4 CreationClub, it is a joke, best mod is a furniture mod, the rest is 10x worse than it's free counterpart)
The value for people having an awesome ENB running in FO4 or Skyrim, compared to a new couch standing in their imaginative living room...

In relation to fadingsignal's post, could a shader be made to read some kind of scripted singal (lets say, some form of QR code in a small set of pixels in a corner of the screen with specific coordinates independent from screen resolution) indicating the type of weather, region or some other information, if we had a way of flashing that in the screen for a brief time?

I don't really have knowledge of shaders or what is capable with the kind of scripting we already have or what can be made possible with SKSE and UI modding, but maybe a visual cue could trigger a shader to automate a switch of LUTs or other kinds of presets, instead of using data from the engine itself.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[Skyrim/FO4] enb script extender
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5411

Oooo, that's very interesting !

Then its pretty much already alive, assuming SKSE64 plays ball with it (either in its alpha incarnation or further down the road), that's awesome, thank you !

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I do not keep an eye on updates and which game version is valid for SKSE and players. Steam updating, so i do too. And i have many projects to run and if game updates, i cant just drop everything and dig what happened (i was extremely sick of this with GTA4, so no longer try to follow patches immediately or not modify buggy games like Nier Automata or Witcher). If somebody have time to make (and update open source plugin from enbseries sdk to push required weather information to the mod - it's better for me.

kingeric1992
Nice thing

If somebody have time to make (and update open source plugin from enbseries sdk to push required weather information to the mod - it's better for me.
That makes sense, hopefully someone will come forward and do this at some point.

That SKSE script extender is pretty incredible, going to have to look at that.

Boris, if you are not willing to actively develop SSE version of ENB can you please at least add one crucial feature: enb skin support for skin/texture mods? Forgot the exact name of the feature.. like translucent skin.. which makes skin looks real.
For me it was the best enb feature for the dx9 Skyrim (oldrim)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Why do you think it's easy to make? It's one of the most compilcated things to implement in SSE.

darksynth0

I think that is the kind of effect we might only see once someone develop an SKSE-to-ENB extender plugin that can tell the ENB that a particular texture is of skin (and mmuch more, probably) so it will know when to apply the effect.

From what I understand the trouble in making a full ENB for SSE is that much of the information needed is encrypted or hidden away somewhere, so Boris can't get access to what he needs to make the effects work.

A tool like kingeric1992's ENB script extender might be able provide that information ENB needs, and now that SKSE64 alpha is out more people will be willing to work on SSE. Most likely there are dozens of people out there are willing to, they just don't know what is needed.

I think now would be a good time not to ask for features but to ask what he needs for them to happen.

kingeric1992

If you could find out what Boris needs for specific effects, lighting controls, etc, would you be willing to include on your script extenders? I'm assuming a port would be needed for SKSE64, do you plan on adding a version for it? :)

Sorry Boris I didn't knew how it was done .. I understand.