TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

How to toggle adaptive scaling in the game to see where it is buggied? It's stupid, but i need at least to know for future bug reports

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

skysan4298 wrote:
EDIT: I just ported the Matso's letterbox logic, and top and bottom "black tape" no longer "wave" when I cast the "refracting" lesser ward spell. This should quiet the ENB letterbox mode support. :D
Oh that always bothered me as well - nice news. Also thank you for the comparison images, always like seeing how things compare.

309 Has been working well so far for me although will be nice when some more shader tools become available (sadly I am no good at shader coding).

*master*

wolfgrimdark wrote:
skysan4298 wrote:
EDIT: I just ported the Matso's letterbox logic, and top and bottom "black tape" no longer "wave" when I cast the "refracting" lesser ward spell. This should quiet the ENB letterbox mode support. :D
Oh that always bothered me as well - nice news. Also thank you for the comparison images, always like seeing how things compare.

309 Has been working well so far for me although will be nice when some more shader tools become available (sadly I am no good at shader coding).
I have a version of Vintage Film Looks created completely on ENB for SSE. I adapted the work of L00 (PRC Dev) to the SSE .309 binary. Should drop sometime today. From what I can tell, a lot, if not all the shader code from Fallout 4 ENB's work here as well.

VFL - SE includes:

More adjustable DOF
2-pass Gaussian blur based bloom

enbeffect.fx:
uncharted 2 filmic tonemapping

enbeffectpostpass.fx:
Multiple emulated filmstock (LUTs) selections in the editor on the fly, (third to last in the effect chain before dithering and letterbox)
Lumasharpening in two adjustable passes, Global and Depth Based,
Color temperature adjustment,
Post Gamma adjustment,
Letterboxing at 2.39 ratio

On my rig, I lost 2-3 FPS

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:How to toggle adaptive scaling in the game to see where it is buggied? It's stupid, but i need at least to know for future bug reports
Huh
Are you sure it's even in anyway active on the PC if it should be supported, surely it would be in Fallout 4 as well then ?

Would be nice if it had a modern on the fly resolution scaling but why wouldn't they implement it in the Options Menu then and leave it hidden makes no sense ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:How to toggle adaptive scaling in the game to see where it is buggied? It's stupid, but i need at least to know for future bug reports
In the game's console, you can use the command "dr width" or "dr height" to force a screen fraction. You might need to enable it first with the command "tudr", but it seems to be enabled by default.

The commands in Fallout 4 exist, but are missing the actual upscaling system. I assume it's a leftover from the console version, taken out for PC because people hate upscaling. It seems like it won't go above 1, so no supersampling either.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uh, so it's not one of available game options. Then i will not support it and remove all the code where it's used.

*sensei*

Anyone tried adjusting weathers for the new ENB? My CC doesnt render fog anymore(and its not beacuse of ENB or any other software, as I move .dlls out of the folder), it seems that im not the only one with such problem, but official forums leave this question unanswered. No fog, godrays, volumetric lighting, no shadows on some objects. Its really painfully to edit those blindly to see the result ingame after reloading the plugin. Its easy to adjust ambient\direct lighting, but everything else sucks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It would be a nice feature to have double or triple sized window when taking a screenshot.

Hotsampling with SRWE works properly in Skyrim SE. You could use it to downsample in the last game but the SE supports honest to goodness hotsampling, which imo is far better, because it lets people who can't manage downsampling while playing (for performance reasons) still take bigger screenshots. Strangely, while it's supporting hotsampling it doesn't seem to support using SRWE for downsampling anymore, meaning it's DSR or forced driver downsampling, or hotsampling. However, someone told me last night they'd heard games crash when trying to hotsample while using ENB. I really hope that's not the case. The two are naturals to go together.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Driver downsampling works without any issue on my side, 375.70 driver. Currently running the game @4480x2520 with ENB on. Also tried applying several SLI profiles, some working without artefacts, some only with game's menu flickering. The Dark Souls III profile provides a nice boost, both cards used to 100% with apparent proper scaling but menus flickering and artefacts.
Of course, when/if Boris implements his glorious SSAO/SSIL, I'll prolly need to tone my resolution down. But I'd trade tons of pixels right away for that algorythm, since it always made Skyrim another game, to my eyes at least.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop