Fallout 4 0.307

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 0.307

Hey Boris,

I was wondering if you had any idea when the ENB weather system would be turned on?

For Skyrim, it was turned on very late into ENB development for it. I'm wondering if that's why not too many people capitalized on it or bothered to update their old presets in order to use it.

Perhaps it would be better to implement it early this time around, while there still aren't hundreds of parameters to tweak for a weather yet.

I also just saw that all the weathers ID codes have been discovered and can be found online: http://pastebin.com/7VhHgbcg

I've been testing out my WIP preset with all the codes and of course, noticed that while the preset looks good during some weathers, it looks like crap in many others. This is especially the case if you use sky gradient/cloud color filtering from the [Environment] section.

As a big user of the skyrim ENB weather system, I'm also just antsy honestly. I don't plan on releasing anything until I can create some truly unique ENB weathers and have the preset look nice across the board.

Thank you for all the hard work you've done already, even through the tough times you've gone through!

Tetrachromatic ENB
http://www.youtube.com/slothability

*sensei*

Ha, i got it working, turns out Fallout causes problems with ENB when mods aren't properly loaded, that is, when you use sResourceDataDirsFinal= ,if you use sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\ there is no problem and the game works fine with ENB.

I actually said a while back to someone that was going to cause some problems somewhere down the line, but i changed it anyway, dont know why, i'm glad i was already suspicious of that empty line, otherwise i might have never found out that was the problem.

*sensei*

Hey Boris, couple of quick questions:

1. Is it possible to replace the crappy cubemap shader with Screen Space Reflections? It would be closer to the whole PBR thing, obviously would improve the visuals and remove the bugs that cubemaps cause (like the "flickering" water pools) and also it would look pretty much as intended by artist if would you would simply use cubemap amount as SSR amount. No need to use specular or gloss like in Skyrim.

2. I know that you mentioned that you are going to add fog parameters but I just want to point out that this is the only thing stoping me from releasing my preset, because of the nights looking ridiculous with the bright, blue fog. So my question is, is there any ETA on it? Have you encountered any problems that would stop you from releasing the update (aside from personal life of course)? Basically, what's the progress on that?

3. There is a weird, sharp cut-out of SSAO, especially visible with high radious (see screenshot below) , is it a bug or a limition? Could this be fixed? Games SSAO/HBAO doesn't have that problem.

4. At night, there are distant cloud mesh that are very bright compared to the rest of the environment (screenshot below). Is it possible to remove them or make them affected by cloud parameters? I couldn't really find the meshes in game files, Bethesda file naming is too confusing.

5. Will you add Lights parameters? The default light meshes have a very low HDR value and for some reason, editing the NIF "emissive" parameter sometimes work, and sometimes doesn't... :roll:
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Slothability
With current small amount of parameters under control, there is no reason to bother with weather system from preset makers side.

MaxTheUniqueGamer
1. Can't answer yet.
2. No progress with the fog or with the mod at all.
3. It's a bug, ao have a lot of parameters and they require better tweaking after porting from Skyrim version.
4. Possible.
5. Can't answer yet.

Boris

I hope you reconsider it sometime soon, maybe after fog controls are added.

Not that it really matters but I personally think there's enough parameters available to create some unique weather types (cloudless skies, dramatic clouded storms, strong bloom heavy fog, etc) without having to rely on weather mods or plugins.

Currently, many presets look terrible during many of the weathers that are not clear/sunny. A beautiful new darker blue shade of sky or orange/red sunset type sky gradient will look like garbage during a rainstorm (and really out of place).

If it's difficult to implement (and even more work every time you release new parameters), I understand. If it's ready to be "switched" on, it would be nice as an optional thing to go ahead and start using (disabled by default like with Skyrim). The main reason people would benefit from this would be the [Sky] section. That alone would be worth using the weather system early on for sure.

Best of luck with everything, I will try to be more patient and stop bothering you about this lol, I promise.

Tetrachromatic ENB
http://www.youtube.com/slothability

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not hard to implement and i don't care how many times someone asks, not bothered with it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey guys, real quick and newbish question.

I just got Fallout 4 (better game than I thought!) and I'm just starting to tinker with ENB... for FO4 does the enbpostpass.fx function essentially the same as effect.txt for Skyrim?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Gotcha, thanks Boris!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

and i don't care how many times someone asks
In that case, I too will request for 'fog' parameters to be added to ENB for Fallout 4 at some point, whenever you feel like it ;)