Fallout 4 0.307

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.307

:lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks wrote:When I close my eyes to sleep, I dream of new fog parameters for Fallout 4.... ^_^
Since Volumetric Lighting has become such a Hype it starts also to get such massively over abused per frame sometimes it becomes more a pain to the look and feel then anything else looking through that milky window glass :D, especially if you put it over a lod system which itself is blurring the distance in some way out and push another motion blur and depth of field on top of it perfect eye strain and pain.

So yeah i agree a fog control with direct Nvidia Volumetric Controlls as well via ENB Menu would be nice :)

Boris shouldn't be such a problem to access the gr command via the Menu you do it already for the character lighting could save some commandline fiddling at least having gr on/gr off for testing purposes :)

I mean why the hell has fallout 4 to look everywhere like it's a big Asian SMOG City ???

I really dislike it only because crepuscular rays to become visible in the whole Frame you need to SMOG out the whole World is somehow ridiculous.

especialy if you look through it in birds eye view with all the texture compression and lod blur going on it just hurts so badly.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

Hi Boris. First, I would like to thank you for your continued support to make our games look better :D . Just dropped in to report a bug concerning Fallout 4's patch 1.8.7. UseOriginalColorFilter toggle doesn't work anymore. Tried to find a fix but to no avail. I know you really got beef with Bethesda when it comes to their updates that break your ENB but hopefully you can find the time to look into the issue. Thanks in advance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, thanks for report.

l00
*master*

Concerning the fog, I find that the most problematic issue is how Bethesda did the sunlight blended in it. I don't know if it would be possible to have control over this in order to tune it down if not disable it, but it would help a lot to make better visuals.
I get the idea about the light bouncing on particles, but their method is so wrong... It's like the sun color is used as overlay over the fog color, mixed with some sort of linear addition of the sun luminosity on the fog.

This happens for the fog itself, near&far but since it's close to the ground it's not the most critical, and the fog near&far high that basically set the atmospheric perspective and that shouldn't change no matter what sunlight looks.

ImageImageImage

I'm not aware about the limitation that can be faced regarding dx11 and FO4 etc, so I'm just pointing something that could deserve some attention when you'll have the heart to look at it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, got it

*master*

I'm not quite sure what to report, but something has been looking different very recently. I think it started happening after the last official patch? I use a preset that tones down the excessive blue and red in the game, not much more, but now it seems that some of the old colours are back. I haven't installed any new mods.

*sensei*

@Boris

Do you think you could blur the SSS so that the separate passes are not visible?

GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MaxG3D
No idea, this can be depth precision issue unfixable.