Fallout 4 0.307

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.307

Fallout3/NV both have hardware skinning.

*sensei*

Any update on F4? I know that compared to Skyrim, it didn't make such a huge impact yet, in terms of modding and popularity, but now, that the animation support is cracked, I suspect it being much more attractive for people. At least it makes it so for me.

Also, last DLC was just release so I suppose there won't be any more patches? If so, if you don't mind, I'm going to post my wishlist/ideas here, to summarize my previous posts and for the purpose of posterity:

- Fog, Fire and Lights parameters,
- More advanced clouds, similar to Skyrim, with clouds shadows and sun scattering if possible, or even better, physically based sky rendering (See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmWuCtxKw8),
- Proper adaptation? The current one doesn't seem to really work, seems to be vanilla one,
- Skyrim tonemapping shader, instead of the new Photoshop alike controls,
- Particles shadows and motion blur,
- Screen Space Reflections, reading the amount and roughness from cubemap properties, replacing the cubemap reflections and the crappy vanilla SSR,
- New, more optimized Volumetric Lighting shader,
- First person self shadowing, with it's own shadow map to retain the sharpness of the shadows,
- PCSS (Variable shadows softness based on the distance from the ground),
- HDR Motion Blur, no matter whether object or screen based, as long as it is calculated before tonemapping. I know you don't like it Boris, but it really adds a lot to the overall look and feel,
- In game rendering resolution slider,
- Voxel based AO/GI? (I know, it's impossible)
- Those epic Skyrim water shaders 8-)
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*sensei*

I think that it's due to Bethesda releasing patches all the time, that development has stalled. That, and probably burn out from doing the same reverse engineering bollocks for dozens of games. Gotta take it's toll.

Hello Boris. I'm having a peculier issue with ENBseries Fallout 4 v0.307, possibly related to vertical sync. Only in interior cells, and only when I have vsync enabled, my frame rate locks at 30 FPS upon looking in certain directions. The really strange thing is displaying the ENB GUI fixes the issue... When looking in the same direction, my frame-rate is capped at 30 with the GUI off, but as soon as I display the GUI my frame-rate shoots to 60.

One such location that this phenomena occurs, is inside the molerat cave at the Red Rocket Station, near the beginning of the game. I have attached two screenshots I took at this location; in one, my FPS is capped at 30 with the GUI off, and my frame-rate is 60 in the other because I have the GUI enabled. O_o

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TwoArmedMan15
I'm sure it's just syncing issues of multithreading of the game (jobs done in parallel may fail, so waiting for end in next frame). The problem depends from hardware rig a lot, from game video options and mod setting.

FiftyTifty
Yeah, you right, i don't want to do the same work modifying shaders if Bethesda decides to change them (in GTA4 version i'm so much tired with this task, that not made full version of the mod for latest game version, players downgrading the game :lol: ). But another reason is that i'm trying to find girlfriend, because need inspiration very much.

MaxTheUniqueGamer
To make features like in Skyrim is very hard, because Bethesda removed extra data from shaders, i can't any more use analytical recompilation to modify them and manually learn and modify thousands is very hard and time consuming. I have nothing to do now, but to work on the mod is risky.

*master*

Boris, is weather modification support more difficult to implement than in Skyrim?

*sensei*

@ENBSeries By the way, the Creation Kit loads the installed ENB. Any chance of adding a "Enable In Editor" setting, like with Skyrim & New Vegas?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TreyM
No, it's the same.

FiftyTifty
Yes. But i need to know the name of creation kit binary (don't have it and not interested to install all the crap coming with it).

*sensei*

CreationKit.exe
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

TwoArmedMan15
I'm sure it's just syncing issues of multithreading of the game (jobs done in parallel may fail, so waiting for end in next frame). The problem depends from hardware rig a lot, from game video options and mod setting.
If such is the case, do you have any theories as to why the ENB GUI fixes the issue? If I active the ENB GUI, my framerate never locks at 30 FPS. I'm almost in the mind to start playing with the ENB overlay always active but have the windows minimized because the sudden drops from 60 to 30 are annoying.