TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.305

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.305

Added DawnDuskEnable parameter for toggling dawn and dusk times of the day and their parameters. By default it's disabled for compatibility with old presets.

Well, you don't need to update old presets at all if you don't want to, this version is fully compatible with previous. But difference exist, because time of the day is differently interpolated between night-dawn-sunrise, sunset-dusk-night, so if you compare screenshots of some time of the day of 0.305 and 0.304, they may not look the same. Don't forget that not just enbseries.ini parameters added, but same in to weathers. They are not added in default config, so start the game at least once to let the mod generate them.

*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

These are great features you're adding recently Boris, thanks! In a future version, what do you think about having a separate IgnoreWeatherSystem boolean for interior and exterior? Adding it to the Environment section makes the most sense to me, but I think it would be useful in all of the sections where there are interior/exterior controls if possible.

Related to this, is it actually useful to have dawn/day/dusk/night separation for interiors for preset authors? I guess in some interiors where you can see outside or if there are windows it makes sense, but it just makes tweaking a little more tedious and I usually set all the values the same. Do other people around here use this feature?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't make separate weather parameters for exteriors and interiors, because interiors are not always detected properly ("thanks" to modders who add sun shadow to them). And in general not worth to increase complexity so much, weather system is hard to tweak already, that's why it unpopular. I haven't seen any interior which somehow visualize time of the day more than just day and night. Sun and sky exist in some of them, but windows are totally opaque. Shadows from windows and rays don't move too.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:I can't make separate weather parameters for exteriors and interiors, because interiors are not always detected properly ("thanks" to modders who add sun shadow to them)
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it true then that in those same modded sun shadow scenarios, the main (non weather) interior parameters are also not detected properly? So by that logic why have any interior parameters at all?
ENBSeries wrote:And in general not worth to increase complexity so much, weather system is hard to tweak already, that's why it unpopular.
I agree it does add complexity in that it's one more thing that a user might forget they have checked on and report interior weathers not working as a bug. I'm sure that would inevitably happen, but the cool part of it would be that as a preset user, you may like what the author has done with the exterior weathers, but not like what they did with the interiors. Instead of having to edit each weather individually or use the weather propagation http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56133 python script I wrote which is way too complex for most users, it's just one check box to disable it. Thanks for considering.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm detecting interiors based on sun shadow condition, which is direct light shadow. Obvisouly it must not exist in interiors and game do not define anywhere what interiors are, i haven't seen shadow of the sun in interiors in vanilla game (though haven't played it, just sneaking around in god mode). When modders make this shadow, everything turns to exteriors and parameters of exterior activated accordinly. The difference between interiors and exteriors is in sun for time of the day, i can easily get time from sun direction without using helper plugin, which is only compatible with Steam latest version of the game, but in fact most have cracked many versions, so sun is the nice way to read time. Interiors may or may not have the sun and it may dissapear at some corners, so the best i can do is to use day/night from sky gradient if sun is not exist. If sky gradient not exist too, then default day mode is applied (or night, don't remember). Dusk, dawn, sunset, sunrise - all these will look like hard flickering when walking inside interiors, i'm glad that have done day and night separation without artifacts.

On my opinion, interiors must not have parameter to ignore weather system, but per location setting. Why? Because weather not exist inside interiors. Just few places of the game have exotic interiors, while others just random set of weathers, even rain can be visible there, which is silly.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:I'm detecting interiors based on sun shadow condition, which is direct light shadow.
Maybe I'm naive, but is it not possible with the location based weather introduced in .302 to detect interiors based on their location id? If you had a hash of all the hex location ids in Skyrim.esp with interior flags couldn't that work by looking up the location? Isn't it known which are interior and which are exterior just by looking in something like TES5EDIT or CK? If what I am suggesting is at all possible, maybe part of it is a user generated file that ENB reads and has hex locations per line with =0 or =1 for the interior flag. That way it would also be compatible with mods and DLC that add locations. I'm sure some motivated user would make the file either manually or possibly using something in TES5EDIT's Pascal scripting interface. Just throwing that out there :)
On my opinion, interiors must not have parameter to ignore weather system, but per location setting. Why? Because weather not exist inside interiors.
Forgive me :? , but isn't this exactly the reason why there should be an ignore weather system check box for interior parameters? Since, as you say, weathers don't logically exist in interiors, shouldn't users have the option to ignore the per weather interior parameters and use the ones on the main interface instead? Of course, it's still also a very nice feature that you added to have the option of adjusting interiors per location via weather though. For actual weather reasons, but also to adjust basic things like gamma per location via the shader interface in some interiors that may be to bright or dark for personal taste reasons and things like that.

*sensei*

A way to copy interior settings, from the main ENBSeries.ini to all the weather.ini files, should do fine, no? Dunno how difficult, and how mind-numbingly tedious, that would be to implement.

As a request, would it be possible to modify the number of rays ("godrays" from the sun), as well as their size? At the moment, the sun-rays are thin and needle-like. Doesn't look that great when the values are high (e.g, 3.50), but should look dandy if we can make them wider.

And being able to render more of them at once would be cool to have, if it makes any difference to visuals.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks Boris, a very useful addition!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I agree with number6.
It would be easier if we could have "IgnoreWeatherSystem" for the interior parameters. Now, when I want to change, for example, "PointLightingIntensityInteriorDay" or fire "IntensityInteriorDay" I have to do it in each weather ini file ( I know that there is a "ENB Weather Propagation Script", if I'm not mistaken, number6 did it ).
And for me it is a little illogical, because fire intensity in the interiors should be independent of the weather.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*master*

i agree too. it would lift a burden of the weathersystem. some sort of function to copy single values to all inis e.g. in enbseries.ini window only. or at the least some interior stuff.
i am sorry, i can not think of something that is good as how to implement it. i think it is not that easy without cluttering the gui or cluttering code even. i always thought maybe an additional button besides every value in enbseries.ini window that will copy that value to every ini with one click. but i guess it is not that easy.
when you speak about Presets not using weathersytem, those presets are mainly pretty old ones. every current ENB that is somewhat "good" uses it. or the other way around, ENB preset becomes good with weathersystem, you can say that too, without looking at the graphical fidelity.