TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

just letting you know, ENDERAL seems to work fine with ENB as far as i have tested, except interior/exterior factor detects everythings as interior. (listed in "statistics" as 1)
Skyrim Reloaded detects it fine for example.

-wave- Longtime lurker, new poster.

I'm trying to be sure I understand what the new location function actually does.

Using the previous "Dead Man's Drink" example, if I put:

Code: Select all

[00000000]
5CA26=10a241
.. then set up the ini/add it to my weathers list, will that actually force weather 10a241 whenever I am inside Dead Man's Drink? So only one weather would ever affect the interior of Dead Man's Drink?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ruse
Yes. It will not force weather itself in the game, but to the mod only. Also i don't remember if [00000000] correct, check (interiors specific?), check statistic tab in mod editor.

benhat wrote:just letting you know, ENDERAL seems to work fine with ENB as far as i have tested, except interior/exterior factor detects everythings as interior. (listed in "statistics" as 1)
Skyrim Reloaded detects it fine for example.
Actually, there are quite a few bugs, at least on my end.
Several core features dont work, but i guess some of them because - as you said - every location is handled as an interior. Everything concerning the sun and water for example doesnt work.
But also the enhanced shadows dont work at all.
Apart from that it breaks some of the mods own features like fade-ins/-outs as well as some added particles like fire.

Although i'd really like having all features work, i fear it'll be too much work just to fix for one, albeit huge, mod.

ENBSeries wrote:Ruse
Yes. It will not force weather itself in the game, but to the mod only. Also i don't remember if [00000000] correct, check (interiors specific?), check statistic tab in mod editor.
Interesting. Thank you!

*master*

I imagine anyone with enough spare time could just go in and replicate the fixes from the Skyrim particle patch to whatever added ones there are.
Fade in/outs should be something you can fix by adding something like

Code: Select all

color.rgb = lerp(color.rgb, _c5.xyz, _c5.w);
after the colour correction section of the effect file (with _c5 being the parameter holding the "Fade" imagespace variable).

*master*

i would suggest to do it like this.
float3 spellfx = -color.xyz + _c5.xyz;
color.xyz = _c5.w * spellfx.xyz + color.xyz;
it is simply what Vanilla GameColorCorrection does, which is:
r1 = -r0 + _c5;
color.xyz = _c5.w * r1 + r0;
just translated to general shaders
so this does not only work for fade in/out but also for the other spell effects
although you might get problems if for example textures are added to color after it (bloom for example). then it's 0+texture again. maybe do a condition for that.

but well... i guess Enderal is nice for one playthrough, and thats it. maybe not worth the effort to make it "fully" compatible with ENB. don't know
would be nice though, if the issues could be fixed relatively easily. from what i've seen it is mostly interior/exterior detection fault, and therefor effects like skylighting, IBL and so on don't even get processed.

Hm,

I tried both suggestions, and several variants, yet the file wont compile after.
But without getting any error messages, i dont really know whats causing this. Wrong dimensions? Too high or low values?

*master*

dont know your file. maybe post it at pastebin.com site

Just a heads-up,

Enderals standard settings set

bDeferredShadows=0

in SkyrimPrefs.ini, and thus breaking alot of the features.
With it set to 1, exterior is detected correctly and the other features are at least processed. Did not test them fully yet though.