TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

Skyrim Special Edition is announced: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/sk ... /06/12/145
The Special Edition includes the game and add-ons with all-new features like remastered art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, screen-space reflections and more.
If you own the PC version of Skyrim and all its add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn – on Steam, you’ll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition when it releases on October 28. The same applies to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition on Steam.

*master*

A "free upgrade"? That's going to be nothing but trouble. I shudder to think of what will break - if it doesn't mean starting from scratch completely. And it still looks like garbage.

It's installed as a separate game apparently, so at least players can keep the original either way. That's probably the best solution we could hope for.

Ther is only one thing that needs to happen really.

Native 64-bit as Fallout 4 is and no plugin limit without using some exotic solutions.

Then SKSE will get reworked for 64-bit release, and modders will fix their game for them - as usual ;) But this time with no artificial limits to what can be done, Skyrim will be everlasting - or at least as close as it can get. :twisted:

64bit would also solve the Windows 10 RAM issue that even ENBoost couldn't fix. And Bethesda have said all mods should still be compatible with the new game, though I'm guessing SKSE needs an update. Presumably ENB would require a ton of work though since it's likely based on the Fallout 4 engine :?

https://twitter.com/gstaffinfection/sta ... 6497385472

Now confirmed 64-bit by Bethesda's Matt Grandstaff.

At long....fucking...last!!!! :twisted:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Curious to see where this goes. While they say mods won't be affected I remain a bit skeptical of that. At this point in Skyrim's life span I am sure many mod authors are not going to be interested in updating to a new Skyrim version if things do break (some users may be all enthusiastic but I doubt many of the mod authors are - many of them have made it clear they are tired of modding Skyrim). As pointed out, at the very least, are the SKSE issues. I don't think it is going to be a simple move to the new version, install your mods, and go. Not to mention the impact on ENB. But if its Dx11 and 64 bit would be nice for those folks on win10 for memory management.

Anyhow not much we can do but speculate at the moment as not a lot of solid facts out yet on how it all works. I did read you can own both copies of the game so sounds like it will be optional for people which at least gives them a choice.

... course I can see the user demands on mods now (if some mods do break and require a different version for the remastered) ... can you make a skyrim and a skyrim remastered version? How come you only support remastered? Can you support Remastered and Dawnguard but not hearthfire and Dragonborn? and so on :p

wolfgrimdark wrote:Curious to see where this goes. While they say mods won't be affected I remain a bit skeptical of that. At this point in Skyrim's life span I am sure many mod authors are not going to be interested in updating to a new Skyrim version if things do break (some users may be all enthusiastic but I doubt many of the mod authors are - many of them have made it clear they are tired of modding Skyrim). As pointed out, at the very least, are the SKSE issues. I don't think it is going to be a simple move to the new version, install your mods, and go. Not to mention the impact on ENB. But if its Dx11 and 64 bit would be nice for those folks on win10 for memory management.

Anyhow not much we can do but speculate at the moment as not a lot of solid facts out yet on how it all works. I did read you can own both copies of the game so sounds like it will be optional for people which at least gives them a choice.

... course I can see the user demands on mods now (if some mods do break and require a different version for the remastered) ... can you make a skyrim and a skyrim remastered version? How come you only support remastered? Can you support Remastered and Dawnguard but not hearthfire and Dragonborn? and so on :p
It's been confirmed that's it's 64bit, will include all the DLCs, that most mods should work, and those mods that don't should require little effort to get them to work. Of course any mod relying on SKSE will take a bit until that team has a compatible version out. SkyUI team has stated they're not interested in porting SkyUI over due to the custom leg work it takes, but have said if someone with the right skills did the brunt of the work (which I'm sure someone will pick it up) they will be okay with a SSE version of SkyUI. SparrowPrince has told me personally that WATER will be coming to the new SSE version so we'll at least have even fancier water that the new version provides. Finally, most texture replacers should still work out of the box....meshes are still an unknown at this point because the meshes are slightly different in FO4 vs Skyrim, but it's been stated several times that no one can see Bethesda reworking every single mesh in the game as that would be a really massive undertaking for a Remaster of any game and probably not worth the effort or headache it could cause.

As for ENBSeries, I've been waiting for Boris to comment on his thoughts and if thinks he'll be bringing ENBSeries to the SSE version. From my understanding it's very likely going to be similar to FO4 so perhaps he'll be able to build a SSE version of ENBSeries in tandem with the FO4 version.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If game will be dx11, i doubt about it's graphical modding abilities, because of crap B*da made to Fallout 4 shaders (removed information for shader variables, so automatic algorithms for modifying shaders can't be applied).

*sensei*

I hope B*da did something about the shadow engine using CPU. My new GTX1070 can do 1440p 60fps with all Dx11 games like Witcher3. but Skyrim 1080p Ultra setting hovered around 40fps when standing at the Solitude main gate facing east.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE