TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

ENBSeries wrote: FiftyTifty
Mod don't have "god" rays (i hate this definition), explain which one you talking about from two versions of rays. And not sure i understood what number of rays and their size are, don't remember anything like that in the code (or was that gta4 mod).

Think again folks, interiors are not the same, one setting without weathers for all of them is a step back. Locations will not work too in this case, because they are linked to weather system.
I'm talking about the effect using these settings:

Code: Select all

[RAYS]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=false
SunRaysMultiplierSunrise=0.4
SunRaysMultiplierDay=0.4
SunRaysMultiplierSunset=0.4
SunRaysMultiplierNight=0.4
SunRaysMultiplierInteriorDay=0.4
SunRaysMultiplierInteriorNight=0.4
It's the effect that controls sun-shafts (seeing beams of light pass through trees, around the player, etc.)

What I meant by size, was the width of each individual ray. Compare Fallout 4's (for example) rays to your ENB implementation; in comparison, ENB's rays are like needles. Being able to adjust the width would be sweet.

And by number, I meant the number of rays generated. Is it controlled automatically (shader math or something), or would it be possible to adjust it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fallout 4 rays and mine rays are very different. Fallout 4 equal to underwater rays or rays which casted between clouds. Sun rays you talking about in Skyrim are 2.5D, pixels are shifted from sun direction. Both types of rays don't have anything which can be classified as number of rays or even density. Bluriness may be. I'll see what can do for this effect (completely forgot about existance of it), but don't expect much higher resolution, because lack of antialiasing require source mask to be blurred to reduce heavy flickering, which is highly visible because of hdr source (antialiasing for values with too high difference between them not works).

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Fallout 4 rays and mine rays are very different. Fallout 4 equal to underwater rays or rays which casted between clouds. Sun rays you talking about in Skyrim are 2.5D, pixels are shifted from sun direction. Both types of rays don't have anything which can be classified as number of rays or even density. Bluriness may be. I'll see what can do for this effect (completely forgot about existance of it), but don't expect much higher resolution, because lack of antialiasing require source mask to be blurred to reduce heavy flickering, which is highly visible because of hdr source (antialiasing for values with too high difference between them not works).
Sounds good to me. Lookin' forward to what ya come up with.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Users reported compatibility issues with drivers and mods, so check ENBoost 6.0 page on Nexus, i wrote issues and solutions at description, may be one of them is the case of crashes with recent versions for some of you.

Question, does anyone working on localization at all?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with localization which produce crash for some users and enabled localization again.

*master*

Boris, maybe the interior detection problem can be solved with a minor addition to the _locationweather.ini file where a line like this:
//13163=d4886 - first is LocationID, second is WeatherID (Riverwood with rainy weather)
could have an extra argument added to the weather to force override interior?
13163=d4886,1
That way it would work with modded locations and also be fixable by users when the problem occurs in their games.

Edit: Actually, a force interior parameter in weather ini files would also work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This will not differ by amount of work from making new weather type interior only and assing it for list of locations, just in weather editor instead of enbseries.ini. Please stop making things complicated, they are already hard to understand.

*master*

edit: I think I have to rethink this. I tested all versions I had back to 0.262 in every version the same problem. So it has nothing to do with the new version, just with ENB in general. And I have no idea why this is happening. 4 weeks ago I played with awesome performance. Now it is incredibly slow, even with just using the default enb. On every version.

I have a big problem with the new stability update.

With my Enb I had a relatively stable 60 fps in Skyrim but since the stability update even with effects deactivated or the

DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0

the fps are maximum 20-24. I checked every single setting that could lower the fps. But only deactivating the whole enb (deleting the d3d9.dll) fixes it. I deactivated all graphic settings and just went with the

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

But even with this the game is on 20-24 fps with the new ENB binaries.

I have an i5 3570k and a GTX 780 Ti

I cannot tell why this is happening. So maybe you have a solution for me Boris? I would be very thankfull.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Probably you have Steam beta.

*master*

I read in some other posts in the forum here and that was the exact problem. It is working now. What a shit man. Sorry for making alarm !