TES Skyrim 0.303 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.303 ENBoost

I removed that fix, but applied it only to mod code, including fps limiter. Can't make it work with the game, even if i'll fix world map (probably papyrus script bug), something else will be buggy. Bad thing also is that removed fix also affected collision detection and physics by reducing various glitches a lot.

Could you include the fix as an option ? I'd like to test it in my own system.

Boris, I found that one can still scroll the map in all directions with WASD controls, using the previous "fixed" version of the mod. Very strange... I wonder why your fixes would cause the mouse scrolling controls on the map to fail, but the WASD controls still work?

Do you foresee any other problems with using the old version of the mod, besides vertical scrolling not working in the map? I can tolerate using the WASD keys fro scrolling the map if it means a functioning frame limiter.

Also, which of the new settings would you say is more important for preventing crashes. DataSyncMode or PriorityMode? I ask because I've noticed that DataSyncMode seems to cause me stuttering no matter which setting I use (1 or 2); however, I can use PriorityMode=2 with practically no performance impact. My OS is Windows 7, running on a system with an Intel i5 3570k CPU, an AMD r9 390 GPU, and 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.

I can still move my map with the mouse in every direction, I have the "fix included" version of 0.303, but I have both Threads setting disabled (DataSyncMode and PriorityMode to 0)

It's by far the best version i've tested after 0.262, everything runs silksmooth, solid 60fps in every place. I think I'll keep this version, if it was removed just for the map issue that I don't have, unless Boris states otherwise

I tested it a bunch as well and regardless of the new threading options, I can only pan X (horizontally) with the fix in. Normal behaviour on the latest 0.303. Not sure how @Hackfield got it to work. WASD behaves normally on both of course, which I primarily use to begin with.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TwoArmedMan15
DataSyncMode is most important against crashes (when data is not same on different cpu cores) and any value above 0 works, the higher the better by stability and slower. PriorityMode is totally different in terms of fixing bugs and the most useful for reducing performance impact/stuttering of previous parameter.

There is no reason to implement previous fix as parameter, because the bug with the world map prooves total assholes, cretines, imbeciles and everything else i don't know in english for bethesda developers naming. You guys just don't understand how freaking crazy code must be to have non movable map with my fix. You can live with wasd keys, but if the bug was found so fast with one of the most simplest algorithm, then many others exists with much worse results. As i said, don't touch shit and it won't smell (threads setting in skyrim.ini too).

@ENBSeries I think many of this bugs are caused by the fact that skyrim as many other games too was developed for console and then ported to pc without looking at pc specifc "issues" like fps over 60 :D

And could you please write a bit more about the recommended Skyrim.ini/SkyrimPrefs.ini settings or simple post yours?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not because made for consoles. Bugs are bugs whatever you call them. Programmers here may try to experiment, how in the heck to make non moving by mouse in one direction world map camera when using double instead of float calculations. What am i talking about anyway, they can't even fix vertical axis at gameplay to not be linked to fps.
There is no recommendations for game ini files, except known for the mod. Don't touch threads and you will be "fine", if this can be applied to Skyrim...

Well, I have Warburgs paper world map installed, so I have a 90 degrees plane view of the map instead of a perspective view, but I don't think that it matters, I still can move my mouse and pan the map (world and local) to any side I want, top, bottom, left and right.

I can upload a video if you want :/ or maybe my ini files.

I have however, as I said, turned off (=0) both thread parameters in the enblocal.ini

So far I couldn't reproduce any misbehaviour, so I'll take the risk and stay with the 22feb binary, I don't think it blow up my computer, so in worst case scenario I'll have corrupt saves, maybe? I can live with that, as long as I have constant 60+ fps and no stutters at all.

Nevermind my previous post. Water ripple flicker is caused by SLI, SLI was disabled.

So basically SLI is incompatible with skyrim, since it occurs in vanilla skyrim.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... -with-sli/

see here. Wonder what is more buggy, graphics driver/sli profiles or skyrim.