TES Skyrim 0.302

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.302

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.302

Added per location weather configuration file. Increased performance of skylighting.

Location weather file is located in enbseries folder, its name _locationweather.ini. Statistics of mod in editor displays worldspace id and location id, which must be used to configure that file. Every line must contain only one location id and weather id for it, multiple are not allowed (not like _weatherlist.ini).
New feature do not force weather of the game, but it force mod weather preset, if it created for forced weather id. I think it's very useful for custom users made locations (school classes, pools, bathrooms, basement and other bdsm), to not mess with real weathers in other places. You may even create non existing weathers by id and assign them per location (in that case make sure only lower 24 bits of id are used, for example 0x12345678 weather will be actually 0x00345678, it's game specific).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.302

Thanks, this is a great addition for vanilla game as well. Now there practically a total freedom in creating a unique look for specific important locations.

Skylighting optimization sounds absolutely great as well, will report back in case of any issues.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's really great that you are still supporting skyrim after all those years. Thank you Boris!

I heard Morrowind is now getting Physics Based Rendering PBR Support/Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBZWejnkB04

Which means something similar maybe would be able for skyrim, right?
If somebody could say something about it and explain a little bit, that would be cool.(not about pbr, that I could google)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Very cool indeed.

Only problem is that who will recreate everything in PBR?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The problem is that users have no idea what PBR means and what's the difference.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

My technical knowledge is very low, sorry for that.
The question I was asking myself is, how much could be done in pbr. Immediately asking for the whole game seems too much for the start.
But maybe starting with the vanilla/cbbe/unp bodies would be a success using new or changed specular maps for pbr textures.

*master*

PBR or anything close to it isn't possible with the Skyrim game engine. It requires highly realistic lighting environments that simply can't be achieved with this engine no matter how many new shaders Bethesda Game Studios adds to the walking corpse that is Gamebryo.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tried to make skylighting (ao) for interiors and successfully failed it. Depth prepass is not drawed in so many places, never thought it's such a shit. At some angles even can see basement of riverwood inn, never know that it exist at all. Damn, that effect could really improve interiors. Modders can't fix that unfortunately. Don't know, may be will try to cache all data and compute effect much later at cost of quality and performance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Examples of interiors ao skylighting based, still trying to find workaround against bugs.
Image Image Image Image
ImageImage

*master*

Is this adding only ambient occlusion based on skylighting values? I agree that it would really improve interiors.

I recall you saying something about depth correction for underwater displacement but that depth for SSAO and other effects had to be captured before water displacement. I believe you solved it by capturing depth information twice at the cost of performance (if my memory is correct). I think this wasn't a problem for most people because they don't spend that much time underwater. If a similar solution presents itself at the cost of performance, I think interiors can handle it.

And I'll echo what others have expressed and offer my thanks for your continued efforts to support this game.