Dragon's Dogma 0.299

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.299

ENBSeries wrote:wanderjahr
Finished sample depth of field which replaces game own effect. That was hard, so many shader compiler bugs, i'm sick of testing result each time i do changes to the shaders code, otherwise everything stops properly working. May be later will make optimized version, but i'm on the edge now. Tweaking weathers while debugging the game, so next update will have at least half configured weather system for ambient light parameters. Now i need to change bloom code to fit the game and make another tonemapping and adaptation, which will not break dark nights.
Some of my biggest difficulties right now have been getting my bloom and adaptation to behave the way I want them to, so I'll be looking forward to this one!

ENBSeries wrote:wanderjahr
SizeScale and SourceTexturesScale parameters means side scale of output and input textures. Amount of pixels is 4 times smaller for SizeScale=0.5 compared to 1.0, so performance is also about x4 times faster. With SourceTexturesScale things are different, gpu cache matters and performance depends from range of sampling, size of texture itself, how much heavy shader is. If value set below some limit, cache misses will be greatly reduced and performance increases, instead of manually tweaking values to detect that moment, better to decrease SourceTexturesScale and not bother at all.
Thanks for the detailed response!

Enhanced Vanilla ENB for Dragon's Dogma

SSAO SizeScale= Efficiency Calculator

*sensei*

Bloom behaves strangely in DD, I mean it looks kinda inverted, if I increase contrast, and it seems to be cast from all of the surfaces, like, not counting the brightness. Maybe I did something wrong in the tonemapping editing, but didnt have this problem in Fallout, Skyrim or GTA 4.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wickfut
to not blur the loading text with the DoF blur stops the quick load fix from working.
If If loading screen detected, this not happening, otherwise i can't do anything, all my loading screens are filtered out properly.
dawn/dusk lighting in caves and tunnels
And how i supposed to ask the game if it cave or tunnel?

*sensei*

Boris
Hope there is not to much issues. Excited to see dof :) New tone mapping and adaptation? Sounds awesome :)

*master*

ENBSeries wrote: And how i supposed to ask the game if it cave or tunnel?
Wouldn't it have a location type ID, similar to how you find out the weather?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wickfut
It's not Skyrim or other Bethesda game.

Did vertical fog factor (previous was distance only) to reduce amount of ssao and skylighting when it's active, as requested. Helps to fix "ssao everywhere" in some caves which have vertical fog.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Failed to make directional light parameters, because for grass shaders this value is zero. I can fix such bug by using saved data from other objects, but i'm afraid this is not the only one issue, because tested exteriors only, for sure interiors which not detected as properly, will have bugs. Gonna try to scale up everything, so reducing ambient will make the trick of simulating direct light (specular also will be higher).

Folks, check if you have seen such bug yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4840&p=69229

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris -- wickfut has mentioned about it earlier, but for some strange reason, Dusk a Down time affects the interior lighting, and we have no tools to correct this:

The well near Cassardis main gate
DAY:

SUNSET:

DUSK:

NIGHT:

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*master*

@Guzio

So you're effected too. I can't say I'm happy.. but I'm glad I know I don't have to waste more time trying to fix it with my settings.