Dragon's Dogma 0.299

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.299

No wonder it's called brutal mode, haha.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just something that can't be helped. When I nock an arrow back and use a special attack, it looks like an off-screen rotating light is activated just above the arisen. It happens in both vanilla mode and with ENB, but with AO on, the light catches the entirety of the screen, regardless of how far the draw distance goes. This is mitigated slightly be changing the AO filtering type, and only if you smudge it down with some pretty heavy-handed AO. Can this be helped at all?

EDIT: Switched from AOMixingType=1 to AOMixingType=2/3 and it went away.
Last edited by wanderjahr on 27 Jan 2016, 04:01, edited 2 times in total.

Enhanced Vanilla ENB for Dragon's Dogma

SSAO SizeScale= Efficiency Calculator

*sensei*

kalicola
Not 100% sure, but I think most effects are unaffected by it except ssao-ssil. Boris can answer that one better :)

wickfut
I like how bruteforce looks a lot but at 4k I struggle to even take pictures :lol:

wanderjahr
Less dark/detailed one without bruteforce had 3-4 fps drop compared to off^^
Have not tried archer yet, so not sure. Have a "rogue" with secondary bow,
not seen anything like that I think.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kalicola
Bruteforce is unoptimized code of ssao/ssil shader (others, if i decide to change them) which have huge amount of samples and self shadowing computation. Feature just for screenshots.

*master*

HeavyHDRMode=True is very demanding on hardware, allowing me to get only as little as 75fps maximum, forcing me to use 60fps limit cap. When it is set to False, I get constant and consistent 120fps on my rig. Then again, it is a HEAVY HDR Mode.

Is it possible we'll get a Non-Heavy (Light and/or even Moderate) HDR effect that is easier on GPU and CPU? Rarely do I get a nice-looking game @ 120fps, which looks absolutely fantastic on my Eizo Foris FG2421 with 4860:1 contrast ratio and Turbo 240 (Light-Strobing @ 120Hz), although I can't use ReShade and ENB at the same time, which means I can't use ReShade's CustomFX TuningPalette 3DLUT shader/effect for full grayscale and colorspace calibration (only 1DLUT with CPKeeper + Fulscreen Borderless Mode). Still, with ENB, the game looks 100x better than without!

Great thanks! i wish I could donate using PayPal (from USA).
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

My 'ol syncmaster isn't the world's best monitor so I can't really say, does the Heavy HDR mode make a discernible difference compared to just HighPrecisionRendering and DisablePalette on for you?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris, alright, thanks

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

Questions for anybody

Does SourceTexturesScale= scale quadratically?

In your experience (anybody), how far does one scale SizeScale= and SourceTexturesScale= before you see diminishing returns on performance? Conversely, how far up the scale before you see diminishing returns in image quality? Where is that "sweet spot" as it were?

Enhanced Vanilla ENB for Dragon's Dogma

SSAO SizeScale= Efficiency Calculator

Cheat Engine has some scripts to change the time of day by the way. You can speed/slow it or manually set which hour it is.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wanderjahr
SizeScale and SourceTexturesScale parameters means side scale of output and input textures. Amount of pixels is 4 times smaller for SizeScale=0.5 compared to 1.0, so performance is also about x4 times faster. With SourceTexturesScale things are different, gpu cache matters and performance depends from range of sampling, size of texture itself, how much heavy shader is. If value set below some limit, cache misses will be greatly reduced and performance increases, instead of manually tweaking values to detect that moment, better to decrease SourceTexturesScale and not bother at all.

Finished sample depth of field which replaces game own effect. That was hard, so many shader compiler bugs, i'm sick of testing result each time i do changes to the shaders code, otherwise everything stops properly working. May be later will make optimized version, but i'm on the edge now. Tweaking weathers while debugging the game, so next update will have at least half configured weather system for ambient light parameters. Now i need to change bloom code to fit the game and make another tonemapping and adaptation, which will not break dark nights.

*master*

Couple of issues, first is the function to not blur the loading text with the DoF blur stops the quick load fix from working. Loading takes 10 seconds with blurred text , takes a minute or more with it not blurred.

Another one is dawn/dusk lighting in caves and tunnels. The quarry for eg. is set up to be nice and dark in both the day and night, yet during dusk/dawn/sunrise/sunset you can see clearly so you don't need a torch.

is there a way to force just two states of day/night into indoor areas?

thanks